Want to Lose a Stone – Anyone else?

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness Want to Lose a Stone – Anyone else?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    munchin
    Participant

well done girls – i’m going the other way – need to get back on track..again!
    😉

Taylor5

well done girls – i’m going the other way – need to get back on track..again!
    😉

Your not alone, im the same…. with all the sickness in the family, it really knocked me for six, but all is starting to turn around for us and its looking good (please god) New mantra is live life for the now….. but the past few months have taken its toll on me waist wise, i was comfort eating and no energy to get out and about 🙄 🙄 🙄 Roll on 2012

noeleenw

remember the mumstown / boots challenge last year, that was a great incentive to loose weight for christmas

Hawkeye

Over the last few years, slowly and steadily, I’ve dropped almost 5 stone. I haven’t starved myself (I love food!) I’m not training 7 days a week and I haven’t qualified to join a Buddhist monk temple!

I put a few simple philosophies and practices together that work. In a multi million euro industry that is dependent on most people continuously failing, I realised that a slightly different approach was needed. I’ve explained the simple methods to a good few people with very good success (including a few mumstowners!).

If a handful of people in the Drogheda area wanted to get together over a coffee for 20 minutes, I’ll gladly go through the helpful tips that work. They can then go off and share it with whoever they want to. This is nothing to do with my business profession (though I was a gym instructor and nutrician advisor many years ago!) and I would be happy just to help a few people. If anyone’s interested, feel free to give me a shout. Dave.

twink
    Participant

I’d love to meet

Maura

Me too

Hawkeye

Happy to Twink and Maura!

PM me some contact details and we can arrange a coffee and a chat 😉

If a couple of others want to join us, more than welcome.

Something very helpful you can do starting today, is to write down exactly what you eat and drink for the next 5 days. Every little detail, so instead of chicken, biscuit, tea etc. go to the detail of "chicken fillet, grilled no sauce, 2 jaffa cake biscuits, tea with full cream milk and 2 sugars etc. EVERYTHING!

Cheers, Dave.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Wow Dave, had no idea you had lost almost 5 stone! Fair play to you.

Maybe us wannabe slimmers could have a chat together together with you at our January event in Bagel Bar Drogheda? That’s a time when many of us embark on exercise & healthy eating regimes and I am hoping baby will be sleeping well and I’ll be able to get enough energy for a proper exercise regime again – at the moment its just walking but I want to do more…

We can ask Laura from Lab Fitness to come along and give us exercise tips too!

Hawkeye

Yeah Sabbi, I did it slowly and steadily, I had most of it off when I started on Mumstown and popped along to the gatherings, but I’ve carried on will hit the 5 stone off mark within a month! 😀

In the last few years I’ve had some great results helping people I know, friends, neighbours etc. whether it was dropping a stone for a daughter’s wedding or fitting back into summer clothes but the best bit is they’ve kept it off!

Sabbi, come along with Twink and Maura and you can report on what you think! 😉

Hawkeye

Anyone else that wants to join for a coffee and yap about this, would be very helpful if you would write down every single detail for 4-5 days of what you eat and drink (how cooked, sauces etc.) and any excercise as well.

strampoline

hey as you said that, many of them told me to eat fruits and vegetables as you want to lose weight and want to become healthy and wants more energy, then its completely true. But the important things is that, we must have to do some exercise in addition to eating. Following are the important tips to be followed in daily for losing weight and to become healthy.
    1. Do running or jogging early in the morning for 3 kms.
    2. After taking rest for 5 minutes, do any physical exercise or else the best thing is do yoga exercise for 1 hour
    3. In breakfast eat fruits like banana, apple etc, it gives you energy.
    4. Eat less in lunch and eat more green leafy vegetables.
    5. After having dinner, go for walk about 3-4 kms.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.