Want to Lose a Stone – Anyone else?

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness Want to Lose a Stone – Anyone else?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    MaryE

Hi there,

So annoyed with myself as since Christmas Ive put on 1/2 a stone -ahhhh.

Anyway my Brother is getting married on a beach in Calafornia in October so im determined to be down a stone by then.

Last week i joined slimming world, finding it hard already to be honest, miss my bread & biscuits, you can eat a lot but its just not satisfying me – anyone else a member or been a member, what did you think?

Keep reading up about the couch to 5km running challenge, it looks doable but dont know if im fooling myself. Really need some motivation!!! Anyone tried it? Im a complete non- runner & havent even been walking in a while.

I have been very tired lately (baby is a bad sleeper) and run down (hard to go to work when youve had little sleep), keep getting colds, so not only do i want to lose weight but also want to get healthy and get more energy. So at least this dier makes me eat loads more fruit & veg.

Anyone in the same boat?

noeleenw

i am at sw nearly a year and have nearly 3 stone gone… i do miss bread but i know if i go back to bread the weight will go back on…. i still have a curly wurly most days, drink loads of diet coke , have my wine at weekends etc , i dont deprive myself of many things and it works for me

MaryE

Three Stone – WOW – Well done noeleen. How do you keep motivated?

I like curly wurlys, i must stock up on them.

Did you see that Woman on Miriam O’Callaghan last night who lost 6 stone in eight months at slimming world? I only caught the end of the interview, so dont know who she is or wht she was on the programme but im glad i heard that bit, needed to hear it.

noeleenw

a curly wurly is 6 syns … i put diet 7 up in my wine, eat loads of beans and mushy peas and fruit

mumof2

Three stone….thats fab 🙂 🙂 well done. Bread is something I eat alot of. SO there is prob my first downfall. Is slimming world expensive or is it pay as you go. Would love to try something like that. MaryE I do be like that at the best of times. I have a 5 almost 6 yr old that doesnt sleep and is hyper so I hear you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

i gave up the drink(love my wine at the week end as i dont get out) and some bread fizzy drinks only water or tea with skimmed milk(yuck) and 3 days a week i went walking for an hour straight and i lost nearly a stone in 3 weeks 🙂
    it is hard work 🙄 but it is worth it 😀

noeleenw

Three stone….thats fab 🙂 🙂 well done. Bread is something I eat alot of. SO there is prob my first downfall. Is slimming world expensive or is it pay as you go. Would love to try something like that. MaryE I do be like that at the best of times. I have a 5 almost 6 yr old that doesnt sleep and is hyper so I hear you.
    hi its 18 euro the first week and 9 euro per week there after… there are a few classes in drogheda , i go to the fairways in dundalk on a thursday….

Jedt
    Keymaster

exercise girls….walking, working out, dancing, step classes, anti-gravity yoga, DVD’s at home….just find something you enjoy and you’ll stick with it.

I have walked my way through this pregnancy and am planning to get out walking with baby when he/she arrives in a few weeks and hopefully this will be the start of me getting back into shape. Once baby is a few weeks old and I am feeling strong enough, I am heading back to Lab Fitness for the classes, there is a great mix and they are fun and you can go at your own pace. I really enjoyed the classes I did there before I got pregnant and am looking forward to going back.

Cutting out certain foods is hard, I try to have a little bit of everything in moderation. I don’t eat loads of bread but I do like the odd sandwich, so would not want to cut it out altogether. I tried this before but I missed it too much and was miserable!

For me, a sensible diet with some treats combined with a decent amount of exercise works well. Lets hope it works well enough for me to shift this baby weight….

CaliGal

i go to the fairways in dundalk on a thursday….

What time do you go at? I live in Blackrock and plan to go to the Fairway’s SW when we return from holidays mid August 😉

noeleenw

go at half 7 on a thursday , theres another class at half 5 and also one on friday morning… look up the slimming world website for a list of all classes hth

noeleenw

got my 3 stone award finally, tonight

Yvonne

So happy for you Noeleen! Well done again! xx

Taylor5

Wow well done, your some woman 😉

Jedt
    Keymaster

Well done Noleen, you should be very proud of yourself and of the positive impact this has on your family too. Fair play!!

CaliGal

Well done! That takes some amazing dedication! I hope to join you as I am well on my way with my stone award received last week myself! WOOHOO!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.