Waht do u put in a communion card these days?

Home Forums National Chat Waht do u put in a communion card these days?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    yummymummy

my little fella wont be making his for another 2 years and already im dreading the expence. its absoloutly disgusting. the suits the cars the meal bouncy castles etc.
    €50 is the norm for family memebers and close friends €20 otherwise.
    sure it was J party on friday and he mostly got money and people were putting between €15 and €20 in a card. no im not complianing in the slightest but if they had of buying something it wouldnt have cost that much iynwim. he also got a few €30 gift vouchers. €30 for a 6 yo is a bit excessive i think but hey as i said im not complaining.

happymumblemum
    Participant

thats a lovely idea to use your mothers wedding dress for the communion.. I really like that, much more thought in to it!!
    I really hate money given as a present it is so impersonal i always make my family in england send me pressies not money 😆 Even if the pressie is half the cost i dont care i love unwrapping stuff 😆 and i like anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yummymummy

my dress was the pliainsst of the plain, no frills no nothing on it, and my ma said the amount of peole who commented on it was un real. my ma used her wedding dress to make my christening robe, and all the kids on my ma side have used it including my own ds.

happymumblemum
    Participant

that sounds great i love that idea of using the same things for families and passing them down.

yummymummy

it is isnt it hmm, nice way of reusing a dress you would never wear again.
    i still have my communion dress ha ha ha.

happymumblemum
    Participant

keep it your ds daughter can wear it in many many years to come 😆 😆 😆

very few people do this these days 🙁

yummymummy

it still in mint condition if i ever had a little girl i would consider using it, its still a very pretty dress.
    it terrible the way everything has to be brand new these days.

happymumblemum
    Participant

i know i hate it too 🙁 🙁

its ridiculous… i am getting a vtech computer off rossylisa and she has offered me a bag of girls clothes ages 4-5 i am delighted 😆 i love to pass on my stuff too, it terrible keeping stuff in the attic or chucking it out. i give to charity shops or any one , we should all be sharing and recycling in this throw away world.( i am just back from recycling center can you tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

yummymummy

well my ds willbe using my bro prayer book and beads for his communion and ill be using his christening candle too.
    ill ask ds if he wants to give a couple of his games away hmm as he has an x box and gameboy and hardly plays the v tech.
    i give my clothes away to my aunty all the time, mine and jacks ha ha ha why not they be used.
    your dead right, i gave trixie j old bike cos he was getting new one for b day, it would prob be sitting in shed if i didnt.

happymumblemum
    Participant

that would be cool but if he is like my dd he wont want to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not sure exactly what model the thing is will have to check when i collect it.

this is great site for swapping stuff and getting free stuff 😆 i am sorting out bernie with a swing for her dd my neighbour has it at the moment as i gave it to her last summer but now her dd is too big.

yummymummy

i have a battery operated jeep thingy that he never goes on, cos we live in a mid terrace house it a pain in the @ss getting it through the house, he prefers his bike too. i dont no what to do with it.
    it is great ain ti. sure the stuff might as well go to a good home where it be used.

happymumblemum
    Participant

well if you ever need a home for it 😆 😆 😆 😆

thing with kids stuff i find is they hate seeing things leaving the house!!!! d loves big card board boxes and goes mad when i take them to recycling!! got a new t.v cabinet last week and the box was gigantic and she wouldnt let us take it out of the front room 😆 took it this morning so she will go mad when i pick he rup from p.s!!!!!!!!!

yummymummy

mmmmmm if you want it you can have it hmm, he wont even notice its gone. have it about 3 years and he has gone on it about 10 times if even.

happymumblemum
    Participant

I will give you money for it yummy jus tlet me know , as if its one of those big yokes they are very expensive. but i am sure he has cousins or something who could make use of it before me 😆 😆

munchin
    Participant

i still have my communion dress and you never know E might wear it for hers. Her chrsitening dress was the one myself & my 2 sisters and my nephew wore. It was made by my dads aunty 35 years ago. It was more of a cream than a white with age to be honest but i was delighted to use it. Hope she appreciates it when she has her own kids!!!!!!!!

I already have a small bag of stuff belonging to emily and i really really don’t want to see it go to waste, would love to pass it on to someone i know though and all my friends reckon they are done!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.