Urgent Appeal for Pet Foster Carers

Home Forums Louth Chat Urgent Appeal for Pet Foster Carers

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Moonflower

Great, thanks i will follow it up for you!!

EJ

Hi,

where canwe go and see the doggies?

EJ

Moonflower

Because we havent got a proper premises, we only use our lock up in an emergency to shelter a dog, most of our dogs are in boarding kennels or with the very few foster families we have. So what happens is that you ring up and say which dog you are interested in meeting and we will arrange a convenient time for you to see them.

If you send any emails or phone calls through directly to DAR, if you dont get a reply please contact me. The girls that deal with the queries try their very best but occasionally the mail box will be full or they may take a little while to reply to your emails, its just because lack of volunteers and help. But please perservere and dont give up.

Moonflower

Taylor5

Moonflower I put myself forward as a foster home, just let me know if I fit the bill as a foster mammy.
    If you could find out where dottie and young jessie are being housed, this would be great. I rang my brother and got his voice mail, I asked if he or his girlfriend are housing DAR dogs would he let me know which ones he has….. but he hasnt got back to me just yet, he’s a fecker! Worse then me 😆 😆 😆 😆

Taylor5

Moonflower still havent heard anything back from DAR 😕 Do you still need foster homes?

Moonflower

Grhhh…..on the case….. 😳

Taylor5

maybe they dont want me 😥 😥 😥 😥

Moonflower

Ahhh, i feel really bad now they havent got back to you, you would make a wonderful foster mummy 😀

I have emailed another couple of people who are very involved with DAR, so hopefully they will get back to you very soon…..

Taylor5

I was talking to my brother and he said the dog I liked "young jessie" has gone to a foster home, he did say a German Shepard found in Tullyallen is a beautiful dog and has a lovely temperment…. I’ll have a look at him
    He didnt know anything about the little dog Dottie, but he said with it being a pup it will have no problems getting a home

Moonflower

Oh thats great, your brother must be an animal lover like you, especially to help out with the charity as well. I have a german shepherd/collie cross, she is the most wonderful dog you could ever meet, so good and well behaved, another girl from the charity also has a very lovely gsd, some can make great pets, they just have a bad name.

I was in contact with another girl from DAR and she is following up things for you, but if your brother is in more direct contact, this is probably best way to go.

Taylor5

Moonflower my brother doesnt help the DAR, he has a kennels and he charges them for holding their dogs 😳 😳 😳
    So i think he is more a lover of money then the dogs 😳 😳 😳
    He did do the dog walking on the beach at Seapoint a few years ago, I used to help walk the dogs but only a few times

happymumblemum
    Participant

Taylor we have a gsd and he and my dd are thick as thieves, they adore each other ..he is her first memory. they fight like brother and sister 😆

Taylor5

We had 2 gsd when we were kids, but our garden wouldnt be big enough for such a big dog, wanted something smaller… but my brother did say he was a beautiful dog and really placid

Moonflower

My gsd x is the most placid dog you could imagine, all she wants to do is lay on sofa all day long……..well she is outside most of day and has a sofa out in shed as well in kitchen, so suppose she is kind of spoilt, but so deserving of it.

She can be cheeky when she wants and i have lost count of amount of wooden spoons she has chewed, whips them off worktop when i am not looking and takes them in corner to lick them clean!!

Taylor5

Moonflower would you believe that Dottie is back up for fostercare 😯
    I was only telling dh we would leave it until after xmas, will have to chat to him tomorrow about it.
    He really fell for Dotties picture, so fingers crossed.
    As they say what is meant for you wont pass you by 😀 😀 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.