Treats that are not sweets…

Home Forums National Chat Treats that are not sweets…

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    hjs

Been on food control and ex programmes tonnes times before.

This time, no hunger, or desire to snack – only diff is I’m drinking green tea.

Maybe? Or maybe placebo? Dunno…

Taylor5

No the urge to snack has gone, ds or dh can be eating goodies and I just dont want one!

Martina
    Participant

Hi afternoon show yesterday or the day before the nutritionist was on doing breakfasts and she told all the details on nuts, she had a bunch of them to add to your home made museli which weren’t high in fats, I think walnuts & brazil nuts, together with Almonds, but there were a few types in the mix, I’m sure its in the recipe section.

Anyway Sabbi asked about treats and here’s a recipe for a Fatless Sponge….. not sure what you want to fill it with to keep it low fat, maybe low fat creme fraiche or something like that with fruit mixed in…..

8" Sandwich Tins

4 Large Eggs
    4 Oz Self Raising Flour
    4 Oz Caster Sugar

Beat the Eggs & Sugar together until they go pale and double in size (you should be able to lift the whisk and trail the mixture in a figure of 8 without it sinking before your finished. Then sieve in teh flour take a large spoon and fold in the flour lightly , turning your spoon in a figure of 8 around the bowl don’t mix it or it will go flat.

Bake in a pre-heated oven at 170 C for about 20 mins, its cooked when you see it golden brown and coming away from the edges, shrinking I mean.

The bottom of your tin should be lined with parchmanet paper and the sides gerassed with something low fat

Call it your Sunday treat!!!

hjs

no butter in that cake?

sounds fab and if you’ve had anything to do with such, will taste great too, Sparkly!

Thanx, will try and then post verdict!

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.