Tomorrows Childrens Allowance – deducted

Home Forums National Chat Tomorrows Childrens Allowance – deducted

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    libby1
    Participant

Just doing Banking on line – Notice Budget reduction on Childrens Allowance………………………………. :oops: :oops:

yep i know collected mine from atm today

munchin
    Participant

yep start the new year with a bang!

Taylor5

280 not bad, i thought they would have hit us MUCH HARDER in the budget, so im happy for now!! Will we even be getting 200 (for 2 kids) this time 12 months, going to make the most of every cent of this years CB

ed1
    Participant

As Taylor said, €280 is not bad for 2 kids. What bugs me is the fact that when everything was good and they gave a raise in the childrens allowance in budgets we had to wait till April to get it but when they deduct it from us its done straight away. Typical!!

Taylor5

That was always the way, they used to fob us off with some shite about the tax year starting in April so we didnt the in increases until then but the cuts on the 1st of Jan!
    Off to check my bank Account, just to make sure its there

munchin
    Participant

oh don’t get me wrong i’m not complaining about it being €280 as you say i thought they’d hit the CB much harder – it’s that along with the extra tax etc i’m paying in wages that means january is off to a bang!

Anonymous
    Inactive

dont mean to sound like a mean cow here but i think kids could do with the money more the the old people(i know that sounds really bad) but… when you get to that age and time in life what big overheads do you have??? not as many as a young family!!! next budget they better not cut it before the pension!!!

dont send me messages saying thats a bad thing to say as i know it is!! but thats how i feel!!!!! 🙁

Taylor5

dont mean to sound like a mean cow here but i think kids could do with the money more the the old people(i know that sounds really bad) but… when you get to that age and time in life what big overheads do you have??? not as many as a young family!!! next budget they better not cut it before the pension!!!

dont send me messages saying thats a bad thing to say as i know it is!! but thats how i feel!!!!! 🙁

OMG thats a terrible thing to say 😯 😆 😆 😆 (joking)

I dont think your mean, i think its not me take the cuts let someone else… which is a very normal reaction… But i do think your wrong, my mum has a house to keep ie insurance, diy etc plus the cost of heating oil, gifts for her kids and grandkids, then to pay for her holidays etc…. all this from what 230e per week!!!!! Dont know how she does it? Well i do she is 73 years old and take Students for the summer to fund her summer holidays and to fund her heating oil….. dont know how the oaps manage tbh

Munchin im feeling your pain got my first pension pay slip in the post today and WOW the difference in the tax is about 35e per week!!!! Im shocked didnt think it would make such a difference, but hey there you go, dont want to see dh’s payslip, he paid mental tax before the budget will be afraid at how much he will be hit for 🙄

Daisy37

I accept we all need to take and make cuts, we have cut back our spending dramatically in the last few years as our incomes have decreased. We have not had a family holiday in 3 years, take aways are few and far between, treats and nights out and infrequent and trips to the toy store happen only at birthdays and Christmas – overall we have tightened our belts significantly and it has not been pleasant.

My problem is that while we are all doing this, many of the people who got us into this mess and still living the high life.

One really annoying example is with the devil himself, Seanie Fitzpatrick, former chairperson of Anglo Irish Bank. After his shennanigans, lying and deviant behavious our govt, without much support from us, decided to bail these idiots out.

So now the tax payer (i.e ‘Poor us’) owns Anglo Irish Bank and we are paying Seanie Fitzpatrick a pension of over half a million euro a year. Thats 10,000 a week people! We are paying that! While our children’s allowance was cut and my kids school is asking each family to ‘donate’ 250 euro a year to help keep the school open, he is getting over 10 grand a week for plunging the country into the worst recession we’ve ever known. Fair – eh no!!! 😈

I don’t mind doing my bit to get us out of this recession but it should not just be us who are feeling the pain, the bankers and chancers like those at AIB, Anglo etc who still want their bonuses and big fat pensions, even though they are now owned by the tax payer, should take some of the flack and then perhaps less of the burden would fall on vulnerable people like OAP’s and those of us with young families.

But then, that would the right thing to do and that has not been happening much in this country lately, sadly.

Taylor5

I only heard the news in the background was it Seanie himself who it was proved that he transfered money into his wifes name…. Sean Dunne is another asshole who Nama have taken over MILLIONS of his Depth and there he is building a multi million dollar mansion in The USA in his wifes name 🙄 🙄 🙄

250e Donation is a bit much for one family to cough up!!! I hope my ds’s school doesnt come asking for a figure like that….
    My heart went out to a poor woman on the Frontline before xmas, her husband lost his job, she is hit with the pension levy etc and their bills are getting bigger and bigger, cant pay their mortgage, she said "what started off as a little pot hole is now a black hole of debt" She said if you owe the banks MILLIONS as a builder or big business its wrote off but the the average Joe is chased by dept collectors for as little as a few thousand… so wrong!!!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Taylor, you’ve hit the nail right on the head there. If you owe millions, you get it written off but if you owe a few thousand, you may well end up homeless.

Wouldn’t it be great if mortgages were reduced in line with what houses are actually worth now, then we would only be paying what the houses are actually worth.

Our house has gone down 150,000 euro in value in the past 2 years. We are happy and have no intention of selling but we are paying an over inflated price for it now and its just tough luck! If we sold we would not clear the mortgage so we are stuck one way or another.

And we bought 2 years before the property market was at its height, so that just goes to show that even though we got it at a decent price before the market went so high, its is still worth way less than that now.

There was a big discussion about this actually happening and some TD’s were supposed to lobby for it so people would have more realistic mortgages but have not heard anything on it for a while.

I know some people say its our fault for buying this house but when we did but we both had jobs in the private sector and we bought it with the plan that we could afford it if we had more children and I wanted to stay at home with them for a few years, so we bought with the intention that we could afford it on one salary – which we could back then!

Its always the little people who pay for the big mistakes in this country. Looking at A&E departments today made me sad to be Irish.

Love this country but not what the people running it are doing to it. 😳

Taylor5

My house has Dropped well over 200k maybe more, dont want to look but im not selling, its value to me is a home not a list on an estate agents list….

I know people who did buy at the height of the boom and now left in shocking state withnegative equity, i think the buyer has alot to be responsible for but The Banks who gave out these massive mortages should be made pick up some of the tab…. that primetime show where it showed the woman who got a HUGE mortage by just giving an ESB BILL into the bank, loan approved that day!!!!!! Think Subprime but they shouldnt have handed money like that

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.