The Arc Cinema & Competition

Home Forums Movies, TV, Books & Entertainment The Arc Cinema & Competition

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

FAMILIES WILL LOVE DROGHEDA’S NEW ARC CINEMA

After 3 years of planning, 11 months of construction and an investment of €6m the brand new Arc Cinema has opened in Drogheda. The new 6 screen, luxury, state-of-the-art Arc Cinema complex opened on 10th July and offers a really comfy and family friendly experience.

The cinema manager is Shane Faulkner. A Drogheda native, Shane has an M.Sc. in Hospitality Management and over a decade of experience in the leisure industry. When he recruited his 20 strong cinema team he was determined that excellence in customer care would underpin the luxury that the new cinema offers.

The cinema offers a Kids Club every morning during the summer and on Saturdays and Sundays once September comes. Adults have admission to Kids Club screenings at the same price as kids so it means that Mums and Dads can enjoy all the fun of the Kids Club too. The full schedule of movies can be found on http://www.ArcCinema.ie and watch out for movie news, special offers and great competitions on http://www.facebook.com/ArcCinemaDrogheda

The cinema offers a great selection of drinks and treats. Fresh popcorn, nachos and cheese, sweets, crisps and Ben and Jerry’s ice cream can all be washed down with water, soft drinks or Slush Puppies. The Kids Combo package includes a drink, small sweets and popcorn.

“We’ll be introducing birthday party packages for kids in the coming weeks but we’ve had lots of enquiries from parents bringing groups of kids since we opened. If you are bringing a large group of family, sports club or summer project don’t hesitate to give us a call on 041 984 4330 and we’ll talk you through how to avail of the best value on your visit” explained Shane.

Meet the Team:

Pricing Adults:
    Kids Club 2D €3.50
    Kids Club 3D €4.50
    2D Before 5.00pm €6.00
    2D After 5.00pm €9.60
    3D Before 5.00pm €7.00
    3D After 5.00pm €10.60

Pricing Children up to and incl. 14 yrs:
    Kids Club 2D €3.50
    Kids Club 3D €4.50
    2D Before 5.00pm €5.00
    2D After 5.00pm €7.00
    3D Before 5.00pm €6.00
    3D After 5.00pm €8.00

Pricing Family Ticket 2 Adults & 2 Children or 1 Adult and 3 Children:
    Kids Club 2D N/A
    Kids Club 3D N/A
    2D Before 5.00pm €20.00
    2D After 5.00pm €25.00
    3D Before 5.00pm €24.00
    3D After 5.00pm €29.00

Special teen prices are available for 15-17 year olds and students with a valid student card

Optional Extras:
    Kids Combo €4.60 Popcorn, small sweets and soft drink
    €5.00 Popcorn, small sweets and Slush Puppie
    3D Glasses €1.00 to purchase. These are yours to own and reuse on future visits.

Food and Beverage Policy:
    There is a rule, like every other cinema in the country, that only food and beverage purchased at The Arc Cinema can be consumed in the auditoria. On Facebook this week it was reported that our staff check handbags for sweets. This is not accurate.

If guests are visibly carrying externally purchased food and beverage into the cinema, The Arc Cinema staff will take these items into storage, mark them with the customer name and have them ready to give back as customers leave the cinema after the movie.

The Arc Cinema is 100% Irish owned and locally managed. It features 6 screens with state-of-the-art digital projection systems, Dolby 7.1 surround sound, luxury artic leather seats (ideal for wiping clean!) and 3 of the screens have stunning 3D facilities.

“We are so proud to be part of the local community. We are offering a beautiful new facility with a friendly and helpful team of staff and all the latest movies. We will continue to innovate and adapt our services to meet the needs of our audience and we look forward to welcoming customers back to the Arc Cinema again and again” concluded Shane.

Here are the parking details for The Arc Cinema….

Guests enter the Drogheda Town Centre car park and take a ticket as normal. When they go to the cinema counter they present their parking ticket and the staff validate it so that they avail of the special movie-goers rate. This rate is 3 hours parking for just €1.00. They then proceed to watch the movie and when they return to the ticket machine later on they put their ticket in the machine and pay €1.00.

If they happen to be in car park for more than 3 hours (for example if they were shopping in town before or after the cinema) they pay €1.00 for the three hours plus any additional hours at the hourly rate but the ticket machine calculates this for them.

There were a few teething problems last week but these have been resolved now.

Happy movie going everyone. 😀

allyj

Went with the kids this morning, the place looks great and is a great addition to Drogheda. 🙂

Thank you allyj – hope to see plenty more of you and all the members on Mumstown.

We will be posting our weekly updates in this thread:
    The Arc Cinema Weekly Screenings & Times

chewieodie
    Participant

I have to say…. I took the kids to the cinema on Sunday, and I have only praise …. the staff, and the cinema itself are great…. its brilliant that we now actually have a decent cinema in Drogheda…. no need to travel to Ashbourne or Balbriggan now to watch a movie! Very impressed… we will most definitely be back… 😉 x

Jedt
    Keymaster

So comfy, we loved it when we went and will definitely be going back soon 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

We are delighted to run a Competition with The Arc Cinema

We will have 3 Family tickets for Competition each month.
    To enter simply click here: The Arc Cinema Competition

Best of luck to everyone!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Congratulations to our July Winners:

allyj
    libby1
    remeneerb

Winners will be notified via email and we’ll explain how tickets can be collected.

remeneerb
    Participant

Went to see Guardians of the Galaxy at the weekend, we all absolutely loved the movie and we were really impressed with the ARC cinema. It’s so snazzy! Yummy popcorn, comfy seats, big screens – we had a great night out – thanks again for the family pass – we’ll definitely be going again 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Running the draw for the August Competition in the next few minutes.

There was slight confusion in July so Munchin will automatically win a Family pass for August.

causewayer

Many Thanks!! 😀 Our boys have the Box Trolls movie already picked out.

libby1
    Participant

I won in July..

Went last Saturday to see " Earth to Echo" – i seen the first 15 minutes of it and then my nephew felt sick so i had to sit on the lovely yellow comfortable chair and wait for movie to be over..

Great facilities, pity the treats were so dear..

munchin
    Participant

morning all – I was delighted to win a family pass to the Arc cinema and we used our pass yesterday. The cinema is lovely and a great addition to the town. Have to say the 2 members of staff we dealt with yesterday ( I believe one was Kevin) were so helpfully and very nice to deal with.
    movie was great – kids had a ball.

Prices seem to be inline with other cinemas only down side is having to pay for parking – although the cinema does validate your ticket so you get reduced costs for movie time.

libby I think the policy of only eating what was bought there is in every cinema/theatre

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.