Sun Holiday- Please help plus size Mam

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Beauty & Fashion for Hot Mamas & Cute Kids! Sun Holiday- Please help plus size Mam

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Almae

I need help ,advice anything you can give me.

I am a mother to 1 energetic 4 yr old girl who recently has been diagnosed with aspergers, So all our time goes to her.

I had Lilymae in May 06 and by July 06 I was diagnosed with Post Natal Depression and I have been on medication since.
    During my pregnancy I lost 2 stone in weight went from 14 stone to 12 stone ,then once the medications were started i have ballooned to close to 16stone .

I am so disgusted at how I look now , I just don’t know what i can and can’t wear.

If I had the money I would be hiring you to help me and come shopping with me JJ maybe some day when i win the lotto :D

I think my best features are my boobs , when i wear shape control under wear i find that it send the flab else where :roll:

We are going on holidays on the 27th April and I have no idea what to bring with me for day time or night time, I know i won’t be wearing stringy tops etc L

Can you please advise a desperate mam…

Style Fish

Hi Almae!

Thanks for getting in touch first of all – delighted to offer any advice I can.

What a fab name- Lilymae, I love it. You must have your hands full Almae and it is hard when your weight changes – its hard enough to know how to dress when you are at a steady weight! First off please don’t be so hard on yourself. There are so many fab shops on the high street to give you all you need for your much needed break – you just need some tips from your new shape and some key Items to look for.

First of all, I would look for a wrap dress which is feminine, pretty and still comfortable and great shape fro showing off your boobs. There are lots on the high street. Try M&S, Dunnes Stores have a fab new label called Gallery which is kind of like Savida and they have a Fab simple purple srap style dress for €35 at the moment. I would also try Arnotts as they have some great new labels and really affordable options and also as a busy mum you have it all under one roof! They also offer a FREE Personal Shopping service so mu advice is arrange an appointment for two hours to yourself and get some help with picking out key Items.

I would suggest some light linen trousers or white jeans which are so versatille and can be teamed with summer wedges or flat pumps. Shape wise pick something with a wider leg or boot cut which feel more comfortable and give more balance to our curves. If you are conscious look out for a long summer cardi (in a nice light jersey fabric) which you will see everywhere. These are great over just about anything and are ultra comfortable & stylish. Also, perhpas look at your accessories which can dress up your basics. Especially for holidays so you want to pack as little as possible and be able to wear in as many ways as possible. Changing your outfits is so easy with some great accessories. Check out Monsoon.

Check out Wallis and principles (which is back in Debenhams now) which have a great range this season. Look for some great neutral colour tops, shape wise go for wrap, or bias cut and something a bit longer. If you are conscious of your tummy bias cut (falls from under your boobs) is great.

I hope I have been of some help. Ask any other questions you wish. Remember "Confidence in your clothes come not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong and doing it with Confidence"…

Julie
    Style Fish x

Style Fish

Xpose is on in The RDS this weekend – If you have time you could pop down nd get some inspiration with lots of great fashion & accessories all under one roof 😀

Style Fish x

Almae

well i ventured into pennies today and omg the clothes are fab for summer.
    I managed to get 3 long tops which are fab with white trousers but the trousers they only had where boot but skinnys are were horrendous on me but i will look around for a good pair 🙂 i got a fab wooden necklace with multi colours that will do all the tops I got…I also got a fab bag …got dd loads of course and hubby a few bits.

hope to get back out on my own this time, on tuesday, had dd with me and there wa only so much she was willing to do….

I just have to ask
    ➡ are white jeans ok
    ➡ white crop trousers
    ➡ blck crop trousers

:):)

super minder

new look and evans are great for big sizes. i got a few bits in m and s last year. i have the big boobs too and needed underwired swin suit and wraps.

you will get away with sprappy top with little cardie over it or open light blouse. hippy type dresses that are light and flowy xxx

Style Fish

Well done Almae! Pennys has some Fab bits for Summer alright. Dunnes has also actually.

That necklace sounds great and being able to mix and match when on holidays is key!

White jeans are perfect as long as you feel good and comfortable in them. I would go for a boot cut style which give more balance to your curves.

Cropped trousers can tend to make your leg look shorter but hey it is summer and if we were to follow all the rules we would never get dressed so if you find a pair you like wear them just be aware of their effect. We all love cropped trousers in Summer! Perhaps look for a top that is not too long as this will have the effect of cutting your legs also so if you go for crops choose a waist length top.

M& S has some lovely stuff this seasons also – esp swimwear, colour ful wraps for hols, great sun hats and sun dresses.

Style Fish x

Almae

I bought this dress for the hols. Have a little balck shrug and also one in purple to mix and match… I also have pink or purple open toe shoes to wear…

do u like was it a good idea ? honest

super minder

its lovely xxx

Style Fish

It’s Fab! Wallis yes? I got this for a lady of mine recently (it is a wine colour in reality isnt it?). I matched it with a lime green light summer scarf which is great as it brings out the colour of the beads (and the lovely brightest colour at that!). It is also a great dress as will carry you through to Autumn Winter with opaque tights and great for your hols with flip flops. Well done!

Purple open toe shoes sound lovely – Wallis has some great stuff at the moment actually 🙂

Almae

stylefish , wallis have fantastic stuff. I wanted 1 of everything :):)

i may not get to wear it on hols if the volcanic ash dosent move. 🙁

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.