Steam mop

Home Forums National Chat Steam mop

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Fabienne

I’m thinking of getting a steam mop.
    Which one would you recommend ? What attachment if any?
    Are they really different or pretty much the same.
    What spec should I look for?

All advice needed,
    Fabienne

pookie4
    Participant

Have a VAX & I looooove it. Got in Argos. Forget all the fiddly attachments you can get with some models – if you’re like me, you’ll use it 99.99% of the time for floors…

Fabienne

So many VAX models, some just steam some with product you can ad, and many in each category.
    Which model do you have?
    Saw an offer on a voucher type website, don’t know that brand, would you try or runaway from it?

Thanks

pookie4
    Participant

Most VAX ones can be used with just water or add Vax detergent. I use the detergent. It lasts ages.

Just checked. In Argos catalogue spring / summer 2014 is E99 Hard Floor ProSteam Mop & Detergent (406/4468) p914, but these are often on special offer if you check online. Hope that helps!

Happy mopping!

mammycool
    Participant

I have a Bissell. The reason I bought this, as opposed to a Vax was on a recommendation in the shop. Vax gives continuous steam. Depending on the type on floors you have, this can cause a problem eg. Polished porcelain can crack with continuous steam. The Bissell you control the flow of steam. I do not use on carpets but am thinking about getting the carpet refresher attachment. In saying that, most of the house is wood or tiled.

pookie4
    Participant

Shows what shops know!

The Vax only makes steam when you keep pressure on a little button. The user controls when the steam is active. If you just want to use it wet, without steam, you can

pookie4
    Participant

And the carpet refresher attachment came with mine….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.