some help needed

Home Forums Louth Chat some help needed

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dcatsmamma

(I hope it’s ok to post this here, it’s research for a theoretical product)

Hi,
    Apologies for another thread. I am hoping that some people on here will be kind enough to help me. I am in my final year at college studying business and for one of my modules I am part of a group in which we have to develop a business idea. Our idea is an automatic braking system for pushchairs. It is theoretical only, we are not developing the actual product. At the moment we are doing our market research. I am posting some points and issues about pushchairs below with the aim of finding out different people’s opinions. If you have the time I would really appreciate if you reply to this post with your comments. Thank you for your time.

Preference in brand/model of pushchair and why.
    Amount of use of pushchair-several times a day, 2-3 times a week, etc.
    Problems encountered with pushchairs in the past.

jaybird

I’ll reply, I’m a student too!

I like lightweight foldable pushchairs such as maclarens and the lighter gracos and so on, though I have a heavy one with a carrycot for little babies. I also have a graco double which is light for a double.

I use one of them several times a day, sometimes a single, sometimes a double.

Problems with them…where to start, of all the ones I’ve used or owned over the years a few problems have been; too heavy, hard to fold or unfold, too wide for car boot, wonky wheels, punctures, brakes hard to use, straps hard to alter or too flimsy….

RE brakes, it might interest you to know that some buggys come with a strap that the user puts over the wrist so that if the pram rolls away the parent still has hold of it. These are actually compulsory now in Australia, I don’t know about anywhere else.

Hope that helps, and pm me or ask here if you need any more.

rcole

We have a small light wieight three wheeler buggy.
    Think it is called the city mini.
    One starp on the seat closes the buggy which is brilliant.
    It is light and folds square so will fit anywhere.

Also have a big three wheeler double buggy.
    Very big and takes up the whole boot and is hard enough to fold.

dcatsmamma

Hi thanks very much for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it!
    Any more comments/discussion would be great.

Jedt
    Keymaster

An automatic brake is actually a good idea….

There have been times I’ve turned my head for a second and when I turn back, the buggy is rolling away from me – and thats not specific to any brand, that just depends on where you stop!

beams

God – dya remember that poor Australian woman whose buggy and baby rolled off the platform under an oncoming train – an automatic brake sounds great 😀

munchin
    Participant

actually saw a buggy rolling away from a daddy in tesco’s car park this am! so yep good idea

Taylor5

i dont think its a good idea… well it would depend on how it would release? does it release from pressure or a manual release… … find my foot does the trick…
    I have 3 buggies…
    1) A Graco travel system for the 0 to 6 months age… car seat clipped onto the buggy etc..

2) Have a Maclaren Buggy, think every mum must have one Brilliant buggy best brand on the market…. have this buggy over 3 years done 2 kids and like new.

3) Have a Europa Love n Care double buggy, its like a phil & teds but a cheaper model… its great use it more as a single but have it as a double when needed for ds1 ( ie if it starts to lash rain while out walking) The qualiity on this product isnt great and the straps are far too short for large babies…. It folds very easy one clip and its brilliant fits great in my boot, can fit the buggy, double seat and a large weekly shop into the boot…. but could see problems if you have a small car with a small boot…. Great big wheels for off road.

i use my buggy everyday maybe three times a day… i use the maclaren most and the Europa in equal amounts… there are times i cant use the maclaren as the wheels are too small… have to use the europa three wheeler on the beach, forest or when going for a run

dcatsmamma

Thanks for the feedback!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.