shoppiing in Newy – any opinons on shopping across the borde

Home Forums Louth Chat shoppiing in Newy – any opinons on shopping across the borde

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Yvonne

I don’t think anyone can blame us for going up North to shop – I bought a few bits in Tesco here, for handiness, spent €40 and had 3 bags… went to Sainsburys on Thursday evening and spent £52 sterling and had a full triolley.
    Sainsburys take laser now too, its much better to pay with this as you get the bank rate rather than Sainsburys rate, ie I went with my Mam and she paid cash and got an exhange rate 0.924 and I paid my laser and got approx 0.978….

Shopping up north all the way for me..

Wonderwoman

any advice on the best time to go..i work mon to fri 9-5. i heard that the shelves are empty if you leave it till lunchtime, and sat. mornings queues….??

or directions to aonther sainsbury maybe a bit further north?

Yvonne

I have started to go up in the evenings as it is open until 10pm… its still busy but no problems with parking.

libby1
    Participant

BTW thats great new Libby1 on your Hubby’s job.id say its a relief for you. thank god

Thanks

I just see Aldi is opening over this side on Thursday.. That is great..

I am just shoppping around , Got great bargains in EuroSpar this evening – 6 chicken Breast €7:99 & ww smoothies €1.

littleleaf

My DPs parents live in the north and bought us 4boxes of newborn nappies for 24pounds in Sainsburys!! They have free healthcare so she also managed to get cotton woll, sudocream etc for nothing. If we had the money to get all those things down here, we would, but things are getting very tight. 🙁

Anonymous
    Inactive

Up in Sainsbury’s today and 1/3 off all baby nappies, food, etc. Baby milk not reduced but Cow and Gate Follow on Milk only £6.98 so still good value. All Pampers nappies, jars of foods etc. 1/3 off. Lots of people stocking up.

Hate to say it but really worth it for the baby food alone and he will be drinking baby milk until 1yr old. One of those things we cant cut back or down on!!!!!

But how come, even with the exchange rate, it is so dear here for such a basic essential when you bottle feed a baby! Was just working out when a family are living on social welfare benefits, with a baby, so much goes on the baby with formula milk and nappies. I don’t blame anyone for saving this much on one product alone.

Mummy5

happymumblemum
    Participant

If you are willing to travel an extra 20 minutes from Newry I would suggest Tesco in Banbridge.

Its produce is much better and there are no crazy queues down that hill, you just go straight on at the roundabout in Newry.

Much quieter and cheaper even than Sainsburys I find.

Before Xmas we went to Craigavon about 3/4 hour from Newry – in a retail park there was all the stores , Tesco , Sainsburys, T k Maxx , Argos, Home Base etc etc.

Have a google!!

trixiebell
    Participant

was it Rushmere centre you went to Happymumblemum?

happymumblemum
    Participant

Yes I think so !!!! It’s the main one there , it’s like a big retail area, all the shops are there and there is a covered in part too with all other shops…Boots, etc etc!!!!!

Wonderwoman

thanks i might try banbridge

littleleaf

Has anyone tried ASDA? Where is the nearest one? I heard the baby cloths are very good quality and are very cheap?

happymumblemum
    Participant

There is an Asda in Kilkeel about 25 minutes from Newry but apparantly it is very small and I don’t think it has clothes at that particular store

littleleaf

Thanks for that happymumblemum I was going to drag the DF na d the DS up there but glad I didnt as I was just looking to get the baby cloths! Does anyone have any advice on the cheapest place to buy newborn good quality cloths?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Went to Sainsbury’s yesterday. Shopping cost €181.20 after conversion. Just been onto the Tesco website to compare the prices. The Tesco bill would have been €290.75

Do I need to say more?????

BS

scole1

sainsburys in spurcefield about 25 mins from newry do baby clothes also there’s a huge m&s up there too at the 2nd round about……
    but try debenhams in newry itself they’ve designer clothes but much cheaper than buying in debenhams here….what about primark (pennys)

asda kilkeeel personally not worth going to….

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.