Settling a crying baby with gentle swinging

Home Forums Newborns, Babies, Toddlers, Kids, Teens! Settling a crying baby with gentle swinging

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

am doing same as i type…constant feeding…hugging ….rocking….thanks sabbi may check one out myself as things piling up around us at mo….even 10 mins would be good…jasper very settled when held /fed…doesnt cry only when put down :)

Jedt
    Keymaster

Our little baby girl has been so upset the past few days since she had her vaccinations. The only way to settle her has been to rock her and as soon as we stop rocking, she starts crying again.

Its not like her, she has been super good and placid since she was born so the past few days have been fairly tough. (makes me feel really really bad for parents dealing with a collicky baby, it must be utterly exhausting)

Saw there was some baby stuff on sale in Smyth’s and popped in to see if there was anything we could get for her. Picked up a graco baby swing and have to say, its working a treat. She has been in there, rocking very gently a fair bit today and not a peep out of her. She is awake and seems content, it must be the swinging motion but I am so grateful as I can have a break from holding/feeding/rocking her

thank goodness because my arms feel like they are hanging off with all the rocking I’ve been doing 😉

Thought would post this for anyone who has an unsettled baby, the rocking seems to really help.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Being our fourth baby, Summer is such a hand-me-down baby, most of her stuff was previously used by her sisters or brother so it was weird actually getting her something new but well worth the spend. the swing we got was 99 euro but at moment in Smyth’s is on sale for 49.99

here is the link: http://www.toys.ie/Shop_Product_List.as … ht%20swing

Fabienne

Mooflower, so don’t put him down 😆
    Few days to wait then I’ll be helping a bit, I guess you don’t know that side of me.
    Don’t get confused, I’ll be helping with housework, not the baby. Still afraid of them and I don’t hold a baby who’s under 1 (or not mine).

See you soon,

Fabienne

CaliGal

Babywearing also handy for these trying times 😉

Moonflower

thats the frustrating thing i brought a sling wrap so cd carry him most of time with me but it seems to have lost its snugness & am waitin to take back to shop for different type as wasnt cheap to buy & i just dont think its good enough quality…but days i have worn him for a while have been great..managed to cook a dinner & wash up with him strapped snuggly on me….any suggestions for types of slings very welcome…

Jedt
    Keymaster

I have a baby carrier and I love it – have had it since my first daughter, 6 years ago and still going strong but sometimes need two hands for making dinner, vacuuming etc so the swinging chair comes in really handy for that.

CaliGal

thats the frustrating thing i brought a sling wrap so cd carry him most of time with me but it seems to have lost its snugness & am waitin to take back to shop for different type as wasnt cheap to buy & i just dont think its good enough quality…but days i have worn him for a while have been great..managed to cook a dinner & wash up with him strapped snuggly on me….any suggestions for types of slings very welcome…

Visit Babywearing Ireland to find a sling meet near you 😉
    http://www.babywearingireland.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.