School Books

Home Forums National Chat School Books

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    yummymummy

I just used schoolbooks.ie to get my ds school books for 4th class. They have 5% discount plus covering is only 49c in June……8 books covered for €70…..happy days!!! (Although I may add that these are all workbooks grrrrr which cant be passed on)

Taylor5

abcbooks.ie do free book covering…

yummymummy

Not when I checked!! They had the highest charge for covering!!

Martina
    Participant

Those Workbooks do my head in, they are so expensive and so un-necessary. When my DD went into Secondary School everyone in her year group had to do Home Ec. The Book & Workbook were a package at an expensive €35.00. She dropped it after a year and so did most of her friends only to find we couldn’t sell on the books because nobody could get the workbook separately. I’ve since discovered that its up to the shops in the locality whether or not to stock them separately…. but talk about a gimmick for pure money making!

Kilkerley N.S. doesn’t allow their kids to write in the workbooks, they have to run a copy along side them, that way they can be handed down, I think thats a great idea, because National School seems to be all workbooks now!

yummymummy

Thats a great idea about the copy!!

School books are a joke they really are. My school had book loan scheme from 1st year -3rd year as we did drop alot of subjests after 1st year which was great and then the books we had in 5th year did us the 2 years! Altho when I left the euro came in so my maths book and economics and accontancy books were obsolete…madness!!

Im not looking forward to college….one book could cost about 50e and prob only last 1 SEMESTER!!!!! sheesh!!

Taylor5

yummy it says on the side panel its 1.20 per book, but if you click cover books they dont chargeat all!!!!

scole1

also you can opt for delivery to citi office supply you know beside the old sound shop and abcbookshop won’t charge you delivery fee

taylor i am saving 10 euro on that website for dd’s books its brilliant thanks 😀

Taylor5

i got the name off the pta at ds’s new school….. their service is great!

yummymummy

Well when I went through the whole process it was costing more than some other sites I tried hence the site I named as being the cheapest for me!

Taylor5

when i ordered they didnt deliver to the drogheda store, that would have saved me 6 euro…. but even payingthe deliver it is a great service, i checked the wise owl or online and it was a bit cheaper online due to the free book cover

scole1

think that’s a new thing tbh i’d say with the increase in people buying in drogheda area, they don’t stock the books just take the delivery iykwim

i ordered my books saturday and got them in the post today covered for free 😀 it would of cost me 50 euro for 5 books on the town on the the town but on the website it was 40 that was including the 6 euro postage fee.

Yvonne

I think I am very lucky that we just pay our DD’s school a fee each year and it covers the cost of all books, copies, pencils, etc and arts and crafts and photocopying… (I know some schools used to request money towards photocopying!)… and saves us the hassle of looking for books…. we don’t have to spend anything at all on what she needs during class…

Maria30

Yvonne, thats a great idea. Still waiting on ds1 to get his booklist, they normally get it on the last day of school. Cant believe hes going in to 6th class in September 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.