RIP OFF GARAGE!!

Home Forums Meath Chat RIP OFF GARAGE!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    CaliGal

Stay away from M1 service Centre in Lidl/Woodies M1 retail park!

http://m1servicecentre.ie/

I went in last week to get 4 new tyres and a wheel alignment. I got the tyres ok but when collecting my car I was advised by Manager Michael that the jeep needed 4 new wishbones on the wheel axles at a cost of €1200+ :shock: :shock: :shock:

Because these parts were worn they weren’t able to align the tyres..I questioned him suspiciously saying that I had just passed my NCT 4 weeks ago on the first attempt and that it was strange how all 4 tyre wishbones were all damaged suspiciously in that 4 week period. Basically I was calling him out as a scam artist. He them pulls out a video and says my car needs repairs just like this car… How convenient he just so happens to have this random repair needed on video on his phone?!?!

I told him I was getting a 2nd opinion and left as coincidentally I had a routine service appt at the mechanics set for the next day anyways…

I took my jeep to a repair garage and had my car serviced and asked him to check wheel axles, wishbones, etc. Not surprisingly, everything came out ok on that end and was just a routine annual service.

I then took my jeep toFastFit/First Stop tyres near Homebase and got the wheels aligned no problem. I said nothing about the axles and wishbones when dropping it off. When I collected the jeep and was paid up I casually asked him if there was any issue with the wishbones as I was told I needed 4 new ones. He said they were absolutely fine and needed no replacing. There was wear and tear as my jeep is 10 years old but they are perfectly sound and are good to go. :evil: :evil:

So I want to warn Mumstown members (particularly women) of this scam artist..particularly Michael the manager…I should’ve trusted my gut instinct on arriving and gone elsewhere as I was suspicious from the start. Live and learn…

Is there anywhere I can lodge a formal complaint against this business as the employee in Fast Fit Tyres said I wasn’t the first…I checked online and they are not a member of SIMI….

Any advice appreciated.

Jedt
    Keymaster

check with consumer support agency. thats a nightmare….

I went to the other garage in the other retail park few weeks ago beside homebase and the guys looked after me really well. they even gave me a discount when i haggled – ask for Kevin, he’s really helpful.

CaliGal

Yes that’s Fast Fit Tyres..brilliant chain..I used to go to one in Dundalk!

Honest people 😉

I am writing a formal complaint to National Consumer Agency

Jedt
    Keymaster

the other one that we like is http://www.fastfit.ie or they are also at firststop.ie

nit a rip off!

Yvonne

Omg that’s terrible!!

Definitely make a complaint. I’d be ringing the garage and listening to their excuses!

scole1

arghhh i love going to garages getting cars serviced or purchasing…as i used to work in a garage in the service department…i used to know the ins and outs of cars however i don’t know how to change a Tyre
    so when i go its gas how i get the "oh its the woman bringing the car so we will talk really slowly and add big words to confuse her" speech

that is until i question and show i’m not your everyday don’t know about cars person…i know more than my hubby does…and my brothers…

when i worked in service if i had to explain what was wrong with a car to a man i would be asked if they could speak directly to the mechanic…i’d say yeah sure and they would stand beside me and repeat word for word what i explained and the men would be like oh ok so… 😆

Financial Companion
    Participant

Did none of them ever see My Cousin Vinnie?? 😆 😆 😆

Fabienne

Scole next time I need a service I’ll take you with me.

Fabienne

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.