Property Tax – revenue getting aggressive

Home Forums National Chat Property Tax – revenue getting aggressive

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

So now, Revenue have said they are going to start aggressively pursuing anyone who has undervalued their house to pay less tax on it. When we got the letter from revenue about our property tax, they had our house valued at more than it is worth so we registered it in a lower bracket.

We registered it for what it is worth based on house sales in our area but I am worried now they could say we under valued it.

I just cannot deal with any more taxes. Its almost impossible to pay this property tax as it is.

I am wondering, have they lost their minds completely? Do they not know people cannot pay any more taxes. Are they actually trying to push people over the edge.

When I hear news reports like this it makes me want to move to another country.

so annoyed……

its bad enough for most of us but I have to say, I also feel really bad for anyone who bought a second property and now has the nightmare of paying this twice

Financial Companion
    Participant

I don’t think it’s about slight discrepancies Sabbi, it seems to be more a case where a house is realistically worth €600,000 and someone values it at €150,000. If you have anecdotal evidence of value such as recent sales etc., they won’t be able to argue with that.

munchin
    Participant

I heard the same that it’s more about substantial differences – ie if all houses in an area are same and one is priced say 2 brackets below type of thing.

Jedt
    Keymaster

I’ll say a tentative ‘phew’ then!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.