Problems with Sky

Home Forums National Chat Problems with Sky

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Just wondering is anyone experiencing problems with their Sky TV,for the past few weeks on & off mainly the irish channels have been very dodgy,stalling & skippping bits & breaking up and programmes dodgy.

I really dont want to pay €100 for Sky engineer to come out.

Any one have any tips?….

Jedt
    Keymaster

You’ve probably tried this already but might be worthwhile.
    Unplug your sky box, take the power cable from the sky box for 1minute.
    Plug in sky box again, leave for 1 minute – turn on sky box with remote control, leave for another minute and then try normal channels – this happens to us every 2nd month or so and seems to clear up things up for that duration.

Hope this helps.

ruby

Did u try calling Sky to speak with somebody…….they are extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with…..

Financial Companion
    Participant

Haileysmum, you should not have to pay for an engineer visit if they are not providing the service you are paying for. Just insist when you are on to them and do no accept a charged call. Try what Jedt said and also remove the sky card at the same time and replace it before you power back up. Hope that helps 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the tips will try them tonight,its getting frustrating having the screen jumping about so much

Ruby-maybe i was unlucky & just got an unhelpful sky employee as he just said it will be a €100 callout charge & it takes about 10 days for him to come out,so i just said i would ring them back.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey,i did all that you suggested & had no joy…..i rang sky again & they said that after a year you own & are responsible for the sky box.i queried the €100 call out charge & she said the best she could do for me was to reduce it to €60 so they are coming out monday week which is the soonest they can come 🙁

Really frustrated with it as nearly every programme we watch now is dodgy. 😡

Fabienne

Just seeing it now. Our box was dying few years ago and it would have been a fortune to have it looked at. So we canceled sky, took it again under my husband name, with friend referal so they got few euro (offer then) and we got a new box and installation fee for 30 euro and half much cheaper than the call out.
    But yes their customer service is a joke. They value more new customers than old ones…..

Still sky is the only available in my area and now with their phone offer so still with them, but can’t wait to have more choice as tv + phone providers.

FAbienne

Financial Companion
    Participant

Don’t accept it. I’ve been told that by them as well and still got boxes replaced that were 7 or 8 years old! Just keep telling them that if they cannot supply the service you are paying for then you will not be paying. I’ve never paid for a call out or box replacement (and I’ve had plenty).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi FC……I would love to be able to be able to demand things like that, but maybe I just got a hard ass sky employee 😆 on the phone cos I even mentioned the possibility of moving to UPC & that didn’t make her budge on charge, as I said all I got was her to drop from €100 to €60.

Do you think I should ring them back again before visit next Monday?…if so what will I say exactly to make them fold on call out charge!

Financial Companion
    Participant

Did you already agree to paying €60 for the callout Haileysmum? If so, it might be a bit harder but I would basically demand to speak to a supervisor/manager and let them know you have discussed with other customers who have not had to pay in his manner. Quite simply, you are paying them for a service and if they cannot provide it, you will not be paying. If that fails, I’ll di out the email address of the executive office for you and you can email them with the same demands, it’ll soon get listened to if you rattle enough cages 😆

we got rid of sky 2 months ago we got the freeveiw boxes in and moving on to eircom tv after christmas got sick of them!

Anonymous
    Inactive

rang again today,spoke to a manager who said that there is no way that they will waive the engineer call out fee,so i eventually got him to wipe the charge for sky for the past month & a half as we have had practically no service so he agreed i shouldnt be paying for something that isnt being supplied.

so i feel i kind of half won!…..as that amounts to nearly the same amount as the €60 callout.

really hope when he comes out on monday that this is the end of the problems as am really fed up with missing my programmes.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.