pregnancy after losses

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents pregnancy after losses

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    kjmam

After having 2 miscarriages last year I found out last week that I’m pregnant again. I am so nervous constant toilet checking I just wish I was over the 12 weeks. I just. Hope this is the one so please send all your baby dust my way

Jedt
    Keymaster

How far along are you? I know how nerve wrecking it can be. We lost two babies ourselves and being pregnant afterwards was very worrying. Just try not to worry – l know that’s difficult but try to be positive.

Can you ask for an early scan? I had a scan at 7 weeks after a miscarriage and seeing the baby’s heartbeat was a great relief. After 2 losses you should be able to get into the early pregnancy unit for a reassuring scan. Worth asking?

Hth

kjmam

Only 5+3 have scan booked for next week think it will never come

munchin
    Participant

sending lots of baby dust and best wishes your way – my sister lost 2 babies one after the other and then went on to get pregnant again – – her little girl is 3.5yr now

Jedt
    Keymaster

Today is the anniversary of the day we lost our first baby. Its strange that we have no grave side to visit but even so, we think about our baby a lot today and what might have been if he/she had made it. We will light a candle later on and have a little prayer with the kids to mark the day.

We usually go down to our local church and light a candle there but I am smothered with a cold and am not up for going out today.

Thankfully, despite losing 2 babies, we were lucky to go on and have 4 healthy children. All our other pregnancies were fine and went great.

There does not seem to be any reason why we lost those 2 babies and it was so sad to go through but its amazing to have the 4 we have now. We still wonder about them sometimes but are so thankful for what we have now.

I am sending you positive thoughts and hoping everything goes ok for you this time.

Fingers & toes crossed for you at the scan next week.

Keep us posted.

kjmam

Thanks nausea and vomiting kicked in this week don’t think anyone was so happy to be vomiting!! Didn’t have it on my losses but did on my 2 babes so I’m silently hopeful scan on thurs counting the minutes!

Jedt
    Keymaster

I was so sick on our 4 babies – the first 14 weeks on all of them was hellish but I was glad of it because I was not at all sick on the 2 we lost.

I think that’s a good sign. Sending buckets of baby dust your way….

libby1
    Participant

So Happy for you, sending lots of Baby Dust youre way.. I am so lucky to have two Healthy children..

Hugs
    x

oriordan

Wishing you all the best with your scan. I have had many many miscarrriages over the course of four years. I am now thirty + weeks pregnant, and all going well. Its hard to say not to worry, because I did a lot of worrying on this one. THe nausea and sickness sounds like a really good sign. I was never sick when I was expecting my two children or on any of my miscarriages. I would have loved that reassurance so just had to continue worrying for awhile.
    Will be dying to know how your scan goes. Every day is a bonus.
    All the very best.

kjmam

Thanks guys will keep yous updated

Jedt
    Keymaster

oriordan – great to hear from you. You must be getting really excited now; after such a long long road, that you are nearly there. How are you feeling?

oriordan

All good here thanks Sabbi,

Just on a countdown now.
    Really keeping fingers crossed for kjmam, and hope all goes well for her too.

kjmam

All good on scan today so happy little heart beating away. One happy mamma today lets hope everything caries on this way. Thanks for all your good wishes

Anonymous
    Inactive

Delighted to read that your scan went well,keep us posted on your progress.wishing you a safe & healthy pregnancy 🙂

munchin
    Participant

ah that’s brilliant news

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.