Parent & Toddler Parking Bays

Home Forums National Chat Parent & Toddler Parking Bays

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    misemammy3

Hi, just want to voice my anger at the lack of respect some drivers have for the Parent & Toddler Parking Bays.

It makes me so angry that people can be so ignorant when it comes to parking in these designated spaces.

I was doing my shopping last week and it was really crappy weather and thankfully I got a space near the door but at least 4 of the cars beside me where not carrying children. I met a lady coming running with her little child in the rain because there were no available spaces. Fair enough if the spaces are been filled by genuine parents with their kids in tow thats fine and I understand that but when you see other people taking advantage of these spaces it just doesnt make sense.

Again today 3 cars pulled up beside me and not one had a child with them.

Surely there must be something that can be done about this.

Does anyone else feel the same or am I just ranting????!!
    :?:

Jedt
    Keymaster

It does my head in 😈 😈

It is so hard juggling babies, toddlers and small children with buggies or shopping trolleys into a shopping centre. I was heavily pregnant last year and went to do my shopping in the lashings of rain and so many of the cars had no baby seats in them. It really really annoys me.

I am a mum but if I don’t have my kids with me, I will not park in one of these spaces. I just think people with babies, kids etc need them so I would not take one if I did not have the kidswith me.

I remember having a row with an uncle of mine, he though it was funny to park in these spaces and I was so annoyed with him, he would just do it and not care who might need the space more than him. Never forgave him for that….its bad behaviour. But I reckon what comes around goes around so it may come back on him someday!

Moonflower

oh i know infuriating..i used to get that in tesco bettystown all the time and not being funny but worst offenders are mums without their children in car….oh nobody will say anything coz i have a car seat/booster in car…etc etc…so selfish for the mums/dads who do have their children with them…or much older children..seen that many a time.. older primary/senior age children getting out of car….

CaliGal

UGGGHHHH I hate people that abuse these spaces. Makes me wish for a parking lot attendant to ticket these inconsiderate idiots! I am constantly getting into car park rows with people over this!

Don’t think anything can be done as it’s private property. Those spaces are provided as a rule of thumb and cant be enforced I was told.

pookie2

What I don’t get is why there are so few of them in the first place. At the Marsches for example there must be 20 disabled spaces for every poarent / child one. Surely the ratios are just nuts….

trixiebell
    Participant

What I don’t get is why there are so few of them in the first place. At the Marsches for example there must be 20 disabled spaces for every poarent / child one. Surely the ratios are just nuts….

Its the same in the laurences centre in drogheda as well pookie, i can hardly ever get a parking space, but there are loads of disabled spaces (no disrespect to anyone ) i have a 7 seater and find it very very difficult to get a space, there should be more parent and baby parking

Taylor5

Tesco Donore is the same a tonne of disabled spots that are never used, Granted they have alot of parent parking.
    I think they have to provide by law disabled spots but i dont think they have to provide parent parking, maybe a few emails to the centre…. Scotch hall made changes to their car park after a few of us mums posted up here

Jedt
    Keymaster

The other day someone had parked their car with a ‘for sale’ sign in a parent & baby space. That car sat there all day and nothing happened. People will abuse things as long as they can get away with it. There are loads of parent & baby spaces at my local supermarket and they are constantly filled by people with no babies…..no matter how many there are, they will still be abused.

I have shamed many people who took these spaces when they did not need them but in many cases, they simply don’t care. They have no shame….guess thats why they took the space in the first place.

Its human nature unfortunately…

misemammy3

Aldi in Dundalk beside the Marshes have no Parent & Toddler Spaces only Disabled ones right in front of the window.

It would do them no harm to put about 5/6 Parent & Toddler Spaces on the left hand side in front of the wall because it is a pretty busy supermarket and when you have a young child and rain and have to park half a mile away from the door its not very appealling.

🙁

munchin
    Participant

i had this in tesco’s ashbourne on sat – it was 2 women got out of the car – the car park was packed and i had the 2 girls in the car and these 2 simply didn’t care 😈

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.