Our Progress with an EWT Water Softener

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Home Decor – Indoors & Outdoors! Our Progress with an EWT Water Softener

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Everyone

We recently teamed up with EWT Water Treatment and they installed a Water Softener unit into our house.

We’re going to keep this thread updated with our findings on using the Water Softener.

EWT had sent us a free test kit to find the hardness of the Water in our area.
    Simply click the following link for your free test: EWT free test kit

We will post below pictures before the unit was installed, showing grim on our shower door, pictures of sinks showing grim around the taps even the dishwasher after a wash.

The unit is installed very neatly & quickly, once installed you don’t even realise its there, everything remains as before.
    A couple of things we discovered after only a week of using the new unit was our hands, our house is a lively one – 4 kids who all play sports and enjoy getting dirty at every opportunity and 2 parents who enjoy working out with sásta Fitness and play football – there’s a lot of showers in our house, a lot of washing dishes, a lot of wiping spills, a lot of cooking – you get the picture.

Normally Mr & Mrs Mumstown have dry skin on our hands from so much contact with water, Mr Mumstown used to use a medicated cream occasionally to keep hands from drying out – now neither of us have a problem, no dryness, no need for cream, we both have smooth skin.

Our power shower had previously stopped working, it was down to the hard water affecting the pipes – now this might be coincidental but a week after the Water unit was installed the shower started working perfectly again.

We are noticing other improvements and willpost very soon.

In the meantime, feel free to check out the thread started by EWT Water Treatment giving more information on their products: EWT Water Treatment thread

Fabienne

We had a water softener installed by EWT years ago, and the difference was great.
    But I’m not so keen on their very expensive annual service fee (and not really happy with the service for what we pay). Unit working well, so nothing against it, just their service.
    So I moved house recently and one of the first thing we got is a water softener installed, but we didn’t go for EWT.

Water softener are very usefull in hard water area.

Best of luck with you new acquisition.

Fabienne

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Fabienne

They gave us their optional yearly cover plan when they installed the unit and to be fair I though it was quite reasonable.
    For €7.43 per month (€89 per year) they offer:

1. Replacing your drinking filter.
    2. Adding a special resin care formula into the water softener to prolong the lifetime of the water softener resin.
    3. Cleaning out the injectors and running the Water Softener through its cycles.
    4. Replacing any additional parts that may need changing – At no extra cost.
    5. Taking a water hardness test to ensure your Gold Series is preforming to its maximum.
    6. A Free additional water test kit, so that you can test the water at any stage throughout the year to make sure you system is working to its maximum.

What was the price you were quoted?

Fabienne

Nope, not the same offer.
    My service was more expensive than that, and less done….
    I guess it could be the offer with their new model, and they don’t offer it to past customers (I didn’t know about it so I did not ask for it either.).

Fabienne.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Oh my gosh, My Feet!!!!!!!

I have dry feet, I always have and I reckoned it was probably because I am running around so much and barely sit down all day until its past the kids bedtime!!

Last night when I flopped down on the sofa after 7pm, my 9 year old daughter offered to rub my feet (as she sometimes kindly does).

She pulled off my bobbly socks and shrieked! ‘Mammy, all the bad skin is gone off your feet!!’ she said. Soon enough, herself and my 7 year old were busy examining my feet and exclaiming how soft they were and how they did not mind rubbing them when they are like this.

The only change in our house over the past while has been the EWT water softener system we had installed. It takes all the limescale out of the water and I have noticed my hair and hands feel much softer and the clothes coming out of the washing machine are softer but I did not imagine it would have an effect on my feet!

They are literally so soft. I have not even exfoliated yet this year so they have not been subject to any scrubbing, its just the change in our water that has done this to my skin.

This water softener is so brill and as well as my feet, hair, hands, clothes, it is better for our dishwasher and washing machine (no more Calgon here!)

For a FREE water testing kit to see IF your water is hard, simply request it here, only takes a second and its free to test your water. http://www.ewtechnologies.ie/ws-teskit-mumstown

Cannot recommend this highly enough – my skin is so much better now.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Since we got the EWT system installed, we have noticed alot of changes.

* Our water is much softer
    * Our water is cleaner for drinking and cooking
    * We use less washing powder and fabric softener because the water is softer
    * We use less washing up liquid
    * There is less residue around the sinks after washing dishes
    * There are less water marks and spots on the glass shower door
    * There is no limescale on our taps

Also, we find our skin and hair feels softer too because the water is so pure. Our water was very hard and this system has made a very big difference to the quality of our water.

Excellent. For a FREE Test kit, go here http://www.ewtechnologies.ie/ws-teskit-mumstown

CaliGal

looking forward to this being installed in 4 weeks time!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Its brilliant – there is a big difference in our washing machine, dishwasher, sinks, showers, bath and also, in our hair and skin.

Really makes a difference, especially as the water is so hard where we live

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.