Never thought I would post here but ….

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents Never thought I would post here but ….

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    happymumblemum
    Participant

Thanks yummy!!!!!!!! And welcome back Bernie 😀

( Miss ya on here yummy 😉 )

happymumblemum
    Participant

Just reading back Bernie about what you said about your friends scan, its truly awful…

I hear a lot of this happening over on the busier baby forums and it seems to be a more common occurence these days with the early scans and all…I think the stress is untold to the mum and baby after news like that and all for no need….

One woman , like your friend was told baby had loads of problems especially on the brain…when the poor woman went back 6weeks or whatever later everything was perfect…yes you would be relieved but what a terrible time in between 😕 😕

Whilst scans and dopplers are a great reassurance, you have to also ask yourself if there was a problem detected what would you do?????? What can you do????? in most cases not a lot…i know they can do in utero operations for some things…mainly they would wait till baby is born…

Is forearmed really forewarned???? maybe they should just scan new born babies and check then??

A lot to think about …also getting very early scans and heart beats..is that a good idea???? Is that lulling women in to a false sense of security and then as we see so often nature plays out its cruel course..

Should we trust in our bodies more and just wait??????????

Have to say my mistrust in scans came about only in this pregnancy and I think only if you had ever had the silence and the worried scanners face and them saying oh there is something I am not happy about that you might be feeling the way I am about them :lol:…

I remember all the excitement of baby was taken away from me at that moment, i was due to go to England 2 days later to tell my folks the great news but instead had to ring them and tell them the news that yes I was pregnant but I didn’t know what would happen after what they saw at the scan 😕

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.