Need your recommendation!!

Home Forums National Chat Need your recommendation!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Babs

Help!! Was just told our car needs a head gascate…dont know what that is but man said that and the service will be £1000….WTF!!! Can anyone recommend a garage in the Drogheda area that won’t cost a small fortune?? Thanks!!

Jedt
    Keymaster

You could try Glen Tyres in Balbriggan, they have a garage attached. Ask for Michael, he’s nice and about as honest as mechanics come!

They are located around from the train station.

Good luck.

Yvonne

We use Dave Marron Motors… he is up at Funtasia… find him very honest and reasonable.. no hesitation in recommending him!

beams

Sent you a pm on facebook – speaking of facebook – aaaagggghhhhh – it has locked my profile with a bloody popup i cant get rid of 🙄 🙄 Bloody computers !!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Babs

I would highly recommend George in MC Auto Repairs, he’s up in Bredin Street Drogheda 041-9809180 he is very very good.

He’s the mechanic people go to when others have let you down or messed up. We’ve dealt with him for over 6years and its the old adage, when you find a good mechanic, you keep him.

If you contact him, mention Dave from Mumstown, he will look after you.

Babs

Thanks everyone…got a second opinion and it looks like its €1000 no matter where we go… 😥 😥

Taylor5

Wow 1,000 bucks thats steep!!! I think my timing belt is about to go, so a few bob for me to spend too…. always something.

I would recommend TD Cadwells and I would highly recommend George in Mc Autos in Bredin Street, he did the work on my car a few weeks ago

have a look at this site you might be able to source your parts cheaper then the qoute you got… then George could fit it

Jackson motors on Palace street are very good too and always busy

Taylor5

oh just a note, a few years back our 406 looked like it need a new gasket but after stripping it back… there is alot of labour involved with the gasket… it turned out to be a broken piston ring! Fingers cross it could be the same with you.

Did you try holcrofts the peugeot garage? we go there and with dh’s car and they arent any dearer then other smaller garages

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.