Miscarriage – you are not alone

Home Forums Pregnancy Loss, Bereavement & Depression Miscarriage – you are not alone

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

When I had my first miscarriage, I felt completely alone. Even though my family tried to support me, I just did not want to talk with them about it. I felt they did not understand and I was just so upset that I shut myself off from everyone for weeks after it happened.

I did not think anyone understood how I was feeling, so I did not talk about how I was feeling.

After a few months of not talking with my husband or family about it, I finally went to a counsellor and spilled it all out to her. She recommended I keep a diary and try to share my feelings more.

The diary really helped and so did talking to my family. I also came across the Miscarriage Association around this time and found them to be so helpful. They have a great website and they also offer phone support and meetings, where you can get the support you need to help you cope.

Everyone attached to the Miscarriage Association of Ireland (MAI) has personally experienced miscarriage, so they really know how you are feeling and they can help.

I just wanted to post this for anyone who has lost a baby and maybe feels like they cannot talk about it.

There is alot of support out there for couples who are dealing with the loss of their baby and sometimes, it can really help to offload some of that pain and sadness to people who want to help.

You can always chat on here too – lots of the mums on here have lost babies and know how awful it is and can offer words of support and encouragement.

HTH someone.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.