Look after your skin in the winter months with Elave!

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Skincare Expert Look after your skin in the winter months with Elave!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Todays tip • elave bath oil is prefect for apply directly to the bath or a few drops applied to wet skin then patted dry work very well

Jedt
    Keymaster

Elave – If I add some body oil in the bath will that help hydrate my skin? I like the feeling of it on my skin after the bath but never thought of adding it in!

Beams – I used to use vaseline all the time….until lots of mums on here said it makes hair grow on lips etc? Maybe its an old wives tale? Although if it does encourage hair growth maybe I should use it on my eyebrows and encourage a bit of extra growth around that area 😆 😆

Yes dropping a few drops of Elave Body/Baby Oil into the bath is perfect it will moisturise the skin without leaving it too greasy especially if you don’t have dry skin as oiler skin types don’t need as much. You can also apply directly onto the skin and pat dry.

Todays tip • always pat skin dry, never rub as this may be too rough on delicate skin!

AMOLIVER

I have to say I’ve never heard of vaseline/petroleum causing hair growth, I would think its an old wives tale. I have used it before on my eyelashes for nourishing them but it didn’t promote extra growth – if it had been true I would have saved myself a fortune on v.expensive eyelash serums after lots of my lashes fell out from using semi-permanant false eyelashes!

I don’t believe vaseline/petroleum have any hair promoting properties! Although I have heard before that products containing lanolin may lead to hair growth but again there is no evidence to prove this and I would presume it is a wives tale.

Todays tip• have an elave handwash and 500ml intensive cream by the sink – once you’ve washed your hands, make sure you dry them thoroughly before going out into the cold. Not doing so will make your skin more vulnerable to dryness. When the 2 products are together it will be easier to remember to apply the cream immediately after washing to seal in moisture

Todays tip: • remember to continue using a sunscreen during winter months, Snow reflects UV light, so you are still at risk of sun damage

Socs

Hi there

Just want to say a BIG thank you to Elave! I won the monthly competition on mumstown.ie and received a fantastic hamper full of baby products.

I was already a dedicated user of elave’s products (shampoo, baby bath and baby body oil) and am thrilled now to have a supply of their baby lotion and baby intensive moisturising cream in addition to the products I already know and love.

I had hoped to post a review under the Reviews tab, but don’t seem able to for some reason.

In addition to using the baby oil for my daughter’s massage after her bath I also use it on damp cotton wool to "wipe" instead of using baby wipes, it’s so much more gentle on her little delicate behind!

Thanks again mumstown and elave, and for all you other mums out there – if you haven’t tried the elave baby range, I urge you do do so!

Thank-you for your lovely post (Socs) – glad you like the range – the oil and cleanser are personally my favorite products in the range! Nice to hear feedback and is especially good to hear when the products have been appreciated. 🙂

Todays Tip• don’t forget to protect your lips, petroleum jelly yellow is perfect and doesn’t contain bleaches. It is also excellent on problem areas to seal in moisture and heal very dry skin

AMOLIVER

😀

Todays Tip• elave shampoo is mild shampoo for frequent use on your hair and scalp, harsh products stripe the natural oils from the hair, finish with elave hair conditioner to the ends of the hair

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.