last powercut casualty

Home Forums Louth Chat last powercut casualty

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kate

Just wondering is anyone else in mornington getting tonnes of powercuts?!! at least 3 a week?

My appliances are knackered from this! my last casualty is the extractor fan in the kitchen, I fixed the fuse but looks like the circuitry may need replacing. Does anyone know of a fixer of something like this in drogheda? its out of warranty (of course!)

hjs

We have had a spate of them in tullyallen recently, like 3 or 4 a day, nothing died yet though. Sue ESB! Seriously tho, dunno what u can do to prevent, will research with a couple of electrican friends and pm u upshot…

Taylor5

Kate wouldnt think a powercut would cause a fault to your products/white goods…. most houses have breakers on your fuse board, so the power is tripped before the power cuts to your goods….

Ring the esb and complain, we did have a few cuts a few years ago but all is well at the moment. I was at a talk about industry in Louth (many years ago now) there was a speaker talking how Louth would never attract major industry as the power/esb was classed a "dirty power" Never heard the term before or since

Kate

thanks for replies! Dirty Power! that sounds about right! Seems too co-incidental though within 2 years for a washing machine, dishwasher, fan and a couple of appliances to have all just gone ‘poof’ 😥

scole1

i live in mornington, have had in the past a few powercuts and now and again may get a little surge but not for a while….mmmm interesting though… mention to esb

if need an electrician there’s a guy locally mcartney electrical ad in the meath coaster…very nice i got spotlights outside house up about a year ago and didn’t rip me off also transformer went about 3 times in one spotlight in playroom and only charged me for the one that ended up working so decent fellow….

Kate

thanks scole, heis on my doorstep! Had to give him a shout – he was very nice, thanks for the contact.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.