just found out i am pregnant

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents just found out i am pregnant

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Gismo

Congrats fairies. My cousin is in the mlu and is due in two weeks so will let you know how she gets on. I went to olol and went public. There was six to a room and it was grand. Couldn’t fault the care I got as little man got into difficulty when being delivered and they were great and got him out safely (so to speak). But they have a brilliant team in the maternity.

I will keep you posted on how my cousin gets on. Congrats again.

noeleenw

hi am pregnant on no 3 , i am going private had probs on no 1 , but you still can be left waiting when going private too last time i was over an hour waiting.the appointment before that was grand , just hit and miss i think

Yvonne

I was private on DD and was left waiting over 2 hours for my first appointment and over half hour on most of the others! It was when any of her private patients were in labour, she would go up to be with them to deliver.. which was good to know but a pain when I was waiting!

Taylor5

When I was pregnant other mothers had kids with them in the public clinic, the had books and crayons etc so the kids were kept busy. I was going public again and would have been taking ds with me.

Was over with Dr Rabbie today and I was in and out in 1 hour, the faces on some when I was called, about 6 people were there before me, dont know why I was called first 😯 But I was only in with her for 5 mins.
    The baby clinic was on there too…. I could have run off with a load of them 😳 The hospital is half closed as there is a dose of the winter vomiting bug, so be warned

noeleenw

i am with dr rabbee too. on last 2 kids her clinic was in hospital so if you where waiting you could go to cafe or get a magazine , now its on laurence street . i still think she is well worth the money though

fairies

just decided to go public as we decided it was not worth the 2k . will book a holiday instead for the summer .

have first appointment made for 14 march ,( ages away). but i booked a scan in mount carmel in a couple of weeks time to reassure us.

thanks for all the great advice.

TracyDonegan

Congratulations !! As the other mums said the MLU is fantastic…..you can’t go wrong. Seeing a consultant is important IF there are any complications but most women have normal straightforward pregnancies and births so you’re in the best hands with the midwives.

Just wish there were more MLUs 🙂

Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months

Tracy 😀

fairies

hopefully now i get on the MLU scheme.
    really nervous this time and hoping wishing the next 4 weeks away.

thanks again for the advice

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.