Itchy skin after burn

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Skincare Expert Itchy skin after burn

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi guys,

I had an accident where a hot drink was spilled on my arm. My skin was very red and sore at the time and I was given some cooling gel, which helped bring the redness down and prevent any burn damage.

The gel worked well at the time and there is no scarring or long term damage but my skin is still a bit sore and itchy – is there something I can about this?

thanks.

munchin
    Participant

isn’t bio-oil supposed to be good for burns and scars???? haven’t had to try it for a burn but i’m sure it mentions it on the bottle

chewieodie
    Participant

Bio-Oil…
    Suitable for :

Scars
    Stretch Marks
    Uneven Skin Tone
    Ageing Skin
    Dehydrated skin

(got the bottle in front of me)

I’d suggest loading on the moisturiser/ or bio-oil, … as with severe sunburn, when the skin is dehydrated, that is when it itches and peels… you need to get some moisture back into your skin….

Taylor5

The bio oil is brilliant and i LOVE the smell reminds me of pregnancy pamper time and rubbing and chatting to my bump!!! Not one stretch mark so i love the oil…..

Any Aloe vira gel product would be good too, holland and barret have a huge stock and well priced

Skin that has been burned is suddenly very sensitive even after it has repaired itself. Rehydrating and reconditioning the skin is really important. Irritants like soap, perfumed shower gel, perfumed shampoos where the suds reach your arm should be avoided. Heat may make the skin more itchy and keep all clothing and bed covers 100% cotton to let the skin breath. In our range I would recommend Elave Intensive Cream and Elave shower gel and hand wash available in your pharmacy. The Elave range is designed for sensitive, irritated skin types. Moisturise 2-3 times daily with Elave Intensive Cream. If the itchiness gets worse or doesn’t improve go to your Doctor as if you are scratching and the skin is broken the risk of infection increases and you might need steroid/antibiotic preparations from your GP.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.