Internet without landline

Home Forums National Chat Internet without landline

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    MaryE

Hi there,

Has anyone got internet in their house without a landline?

If so, what is the network?

How much is it?

Whats the connection like?

Im just sick of paying for landline that we dont use.

Really couldnt be without a good internet facility though.

Thanks.

MaryE

Anyone?

What internet do you have?

kjmam

ive digiweb its good 39 per month includes free calls (unlimited)

Taylor5

ive digiweb its good 39 per month includes free calls (unlimited)

never heard of them…. God that sounds great!

julymam

We used to have the vodafone dongle it was 20eu per mth..only thing is its not wireless so only one person can use internet at a time.
    Connection was quite good not superfast but good enough for what we needed(jst general internet browsingand emails) we got rid of it last year as we both got smart phones and use internet on those..hth 🙂

MaryE

Thanks for replies.

Digiweb – i presume thats just free landline, not mobiles?

Yeah, think we will have to go the dongle route as i prefer to use laptop then phone for browseing plus i cant get into mumstown on phone, so couldnt be without that 🙂

Does anyone else use Dongles form other networks?

blonde

hi mary
    like you we were paying a fortune for our bundle & we never used thr house phone only the internet so we changed to emobile its €20 p/m and we bought the wireless stick that lets you connect up to 3/4 devices at a time !! you should check it out 😀

MaryE

Thast great Blonde. I must get onto emobile.

How much was the wireless stick?

Are you happy with the speed.

blonde

it was €50 but well worth it ! the speed is fine & because its wireless it can be left in a certain point f the house to get a better signal while using laptop in a different room 😀

Financial Companion
    Participant

Mary, I think o2 have an option as well that includes a wireless router, so you can connect as many devices as you wish. Might be worth a call to them or to visit their site. 😉

beams

Hi we got rid of the landline 4 years ago 😆 😆 😆 We have 3 as our internet provider – good service and good value !

MaryE

Yeah, i went into 3 today & im very impressed.

I cnat believe that ive left it this long to get rid of the landline, Im annoyed with myself.

Every month when i saw my bill for the unused phone, im get annoyed but never did anything about it. What a bloody waste of money.

Seriously no one but our family even know the number & we have it for 10 years -ahhhhh – and only my mother ever rings me on it.

julymam

I think most of the networks do a 2 week no quibbleswhere u can try the dongle out and see how it works. we tried 3 aswell but found network desperately slow but thats not to say u could have good coverage in your area 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.