How much for babysitters?

Home Forums Louth Chat How much for babysitters?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sunshineorla

What is the going rate for babysitters?
    MY little sister is 16 and wants to earn some money for going on holidays this summer. She has good experience with my wee fella and is a very reliable quiet girl. How much could she expect to earn?
    LOl. And anyone around Grangebellew/Dunleer/ Clogherhead/Termonfeckin area need a reliable babysitter?

pookie2

I’ve a 19 year old babysitter and I pay her 10 an hour to mind my two under threes. They are in bed when she arrives (usually). She is never here later than 11pm and max two hours at a time. I always arrange for getting her home. It is a more than most pay, I gather, but she is on year two of a childcare course, came highly recommended by friends, comes at short notice & is pleasant and reliable and mature. And I want her to want to help me out!

When she started for me (year and half ago) she said 5 or 6 an hour was what she normally got, but that it depended and she’d take what she got.

So, I’d say for a 16 year old… – E5 an hour if no more than three kids, in bed and parents home by midnight. And they bring her home to her door!!! More cash if kids up or a baby. Hope some help

Taylor5

Orla would she travel over this side of Drogheda?

sunshineorla

Yeah I could drop her over, no bother but she’d need a lift home. Ya know where we live. It’s usually 18 to 20 euro in a taxi either. But she would be up for that no bother. My number is 087-2797901 if anyone would like to meet her.

Taylor5

I did ask a local girls mother if she would baby sit waiting for her to get back…. want to get a regular sitter… i know it would be handy to have a local girl but she is the youngest child your sis has L to look after so i’d be more confident with her……..wont be until next month so i’ll pm you at a later date
    Thanks

Yvonne

This is great to know Orla! Will be in contact!

sunshineorla

No problem. She’ll be delighted when she hears.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.