hi im new and im having a tough time.

Home Forums Introduce Yourself hi im new and im having a tough time.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi everyone first time on this site. I have a 9 month baby boy who has reflux chronic constipation and severed colic. I still am waiting to experience a day where he doesn’t scream out in pain. I’m feeling very down in myself and need to share my feelings I’m at home all day with baby and feeling isolated and stressed. I need a site where I can just say how I feel where I won’t be judged hope this is it. My son and I have good days also but not so many in. While..

Jedt
    Keymaster

You poor thing. First off, well done for writing that, saying how you feel is the first step towards feeling better.

You are not alone, lots of mums on here have been through difficulties with colic & reflux and hopefully they can give you some tips.

Which county do you live in? There might be some baby groups near you that you can attend? Maybe baby massage, that might help with the colic?

Hope we can help you on here.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Daisychain,welcome to mumstown there are a lot of very clever mums on here that seem to know how to solve any problem I have come up with so I’m sure they will help you out with this.

I know from experience that being at home with a baby all day on your own can be a lonely and stressful place to be at times,especially with a baby that wont stop crying.I found getting out everyday with the buggy even just for a half hour walk helped me,i went even when i didnt feel like going & alsways felt better afterwards.

Do you have any friends that have recently had babys that you can go & have a coffee & chat together during the week?.

I pressume you have tried all the usual things to help reflux & Colic?.if you google it you will get lots of tips.

If you are not breast feeding,have you tried the formula Enfamil AR (Anti Regurgitation) I used it for my daughter as she suffered badly with projectile vomitting & this formula works by thickening once if gets to the stomach therefore making to less likely of spit up/vomit after feeding.

Take care of yourself as being a mum is a very tough job 🙂

Taylor5

Hello there and Welcome to mumstown.

I dont have much time as housework is calling….. but i couldnt read and not post. All I can say is that i take my hat off to mums who have children with reflux and Colic, I could hardly cope and i had two kids how only cried for an hour of so at during the odd night and this would make me feel like putting my head in the gas oven! Respect x

Being a first time mum is so hard, having a baby with reflux and Colic is a real test. You will get there, it will be a rocky road but it will settle down in a few years 😉 😆 😆

I would highly recommend baby massage, its great for reflux and colic and it will keep those bowels moving. Have you looked at buying a baby carrier, having the baby upright instead of lying in a buggy would be less painful for babs. Try get out walking and make sometime for yourself, give the screaming baby to anyone for an hour, dont worry about how they will cope. Its only an hour after all and you can set yourself up to cope for the other 23 hours x
    Take care and look after yourself

Jedt
    Keymaster

Pushing baby’s knees gently in and out towards the tummy can release trapped wind and help with bowel movements, thats an easy one to do.

Does baby like the bath? a little massage with some warm oil (you can pop it in the bath water with the cap screwed on to heat it gently) after a bath can be lovely for baby.

There are loads of baby massage tips to try – is there a local library near you? If so, get down and take out some books about it. Its good to get some books as they will show you how to do it or if you can get to a few massage classes, that would be great. Not only will you get tips about massaging baby but you will meet other mums there too.

Do you have family support – can you get some time to yourself? Even go for a coffee and read a magazine for an hour by yourself or go for a haircut or a walk or get someone to take baby out for a walk and have a relaxing bath yourself.

You need to get some time to unwind so you can recharge.

Hope baby settles for you soon – it is hard but this time will pass and if you ever have another baby, they will probably be quiet as a mouse!

felicity

welcome, i always say a problem shared is a problemhalved. thinking of you
    felicity

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks everyone for your replies. I’m leaving near Tipperary. I have tried everything for baby to be honest not much more I can do just wait and hopefully his little belly develops quickly and the pains will leave him. I’ve tried baby massage when he was 12 weeks old he screamed the place down the whole time I was there. I found theexperience to be honest quite stressful and dreaded the time each week we went. But I still listened to all people’s advice ans hoped he would like it, it just takes a while. The 9 other mothers had babies that I have always dreamed of. They lied back and looked up at there mammy and loved every second of it. It reminded me how much I wanted a baby to do that but hadn’t experienced yet. Not sure why doctors and that love it so much for reflux because babies that have that hate lieing on there backs and it makes pains worse. Don’t get me wrong everyday since baby reached 6 months has not been as bad as first 6 and we have some lovely days where we laugh and play and enjoy each others companies which I hold onto everytime the screams start up again. I love my son more then anything in the world but I just wish why did I have to get a cross baby. Feel hard done by. Having a moan and groan helps me sometimeshope you don’t mind.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Maybe your baby will not have the terrible two’s! Maybe all the frustration is coming out now and you will get a lovely placid child.

Our 5 year old daughter was the most placied, quiet baby and was a little dote and now she is a total fireball. She is uncompromising, very loud and often drives her Daddy & me mad. She has become the complete opposite to what she started out like! You just never know what way they are going to grow.

You might get a lovely teenager – you never know, this could be the hard part now and then it will get easier. Ah sure, you have to live in hope!! 😉

Taylor5

My Baby was the very very same at the baby massage, a mum who i met at this course i now meet in the school yard nearly 8 years later she still laughs at how my ds roared the place down! 😳

My sister was the very same as yourself, she would ask Why was it her baby, all she wanted was to put him lying on the floor kicking away or into his cot for a nap…. but this never happened. She found the slings and baby carriers a great help, she would go about doing housework with him in the sling.

Would you try Reki for the baby?

pookie2

Moan away – it really is a great stress reliever. And everyone here has had moments of what you describe.

I had post natal depression after my first and would stress that you really need to mibnd yourself. You need to spend time away from yourbaby – just a walk or a cup of coffee – anything. This might sound weird, but you will be in a much better position to look after your own child if you can do this. Try & get to know other mums. You’d be surprised how many mums would be prepared to mind your wee man for an hour or so. Its worse for you – other mums won’t be as emotionallty upset as you when he cries.

I did a 6 or 8 week course of baby massage with my second – and he did a fair bit of roaring as well. I spent most of the time breast feeding him during the class in the hope that he wouldn’t roar the whole time. I have to say the other mums were very nice – but I did wonder what was wrong with me & my baby.

To be contd. Toddler (DS3) and new baby (DS4) kicking off simultaneosly. Ahhhhhhh

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.