Girl in the box

Home Forums Movies, TV, Books & Entertainment Girl in the box

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Did anyone watch this TV3 documentary?

It was on Tuesday night and again being repeated tonight. It is really interesting how the woman who was kidnapped has got on with her life. I was mightily impressed with her, fair play to her for not letting a truly horrifying ordeal make her life sad ever since.

She was so inspirational – Stacey Slater is her name and she even looks great now, 18 years later. A really strong, clever woman. Definitely one to watch if it comes on again.

beams

I didnt see it Sabbi but that is the title of a book i read years and years ago. A True story of a college girl in the USA hitching a lift and as a man and woman stopped to pick her up she presumed she was safe only to be abducted and used as his sex slave for years and kept in a box under their bed……is that the same thing ???It happened back in the early 80’s. Will never forget that book – unreal 😯 😯 Is that the same girl ??

Almae

i had it on but had to switch it , it just freaked me out iykwim…

brave woman is all i can say..

Sweetpea

Saw this too…… she is one very brave woman….couldn’t believe that washer telling the whole story again on camera….so strong, don’t know how she got thru it all.
    No Beams that was a different story in the US, even more shocking she was held for a number of years!! This woman was held for 8 days in the UK in the early 90’s.

rossylisa

I read that book Beams. !!! she was locked in the box for years

beams

yeah rossylisa thats right – i will never forget it – very shocking 😯 😯

Jedt
    Keymaster

This was a girl in the UK who was an estate agent, she was showing this guy a house and he abducted her and drove her 70 miles to his work shed (where he had a shop in the front open to the public) and he kept her in a wheelie bin for 9 days, before finally letting her go for a ransom.

It was how brave and strong she was that kept me watching – I just thought, fair play to her, he could have ruined her life but she decided not to let him. She was really inspiring, I could not turn it off….

If it comes on again, worth watching.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.