Filming labour & birth – would you??

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents Filming labour & birth – would you??

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Even if I was married to Stephen Speilberg, I wouldn’t let him film my labour & birth. I don’t mind a few snaps afterwrards but I would not want to film the actual event itself.

This couple however, take it to a whole new level. Be warned, this is insane: http://www.newstalk.ie/Husband-films-wi … o-hospital

pookie4
    Participant

Good God, no….

I wouldn’t mind half of the student doctors of OLOL hanging round the bed as I gave birth, but if my hubby pointed a camera DOWN THERE at that time, it would be a divorce….

Birth is a wonderful thing – but so is this thing called memory and memory tends to edit out the bad bit…. otherwise there’d be a lot of only children in this country…..

Jedt
    Keymaster

Here here pookie. I can remember so much of my labour & births, I don’t need it on camera to watch back.

And in no way would I ever want to see what happened to my nether regions when the babies were coming out.

some things are best left to the imagination – or in this case – pushed to the back of my mind never to be thought about again 😆 😆

Anonymous
    Inactive

I love when people film things like this, always gets me thinking – some night the kids are inbed, having a glass of wine asking each other what will we do tonight – 💡 – lets look at the birth labour & birth of little Johnny!

It’ll make an interesting 21st present anyway 😳

lemonB

I wouldn’t want the camera pointing down there 😆 but I’d love to have had at least one of my children’s births on cam 😀 …maybe next time 😆

munchin
    Participant

not a hope in hell – I didn’t labour on my 2nd as it was a planned section but had the whole labour and emergency section on dd1 although the end result was my beautiful daughter as pookie said if I had that on film she’d be an only child!!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

NO WAY!……..I have great respect for those women on one born every minute though – I don’t know how they get anyone to agree to being filmed, such a private & special moment.

I remember when Hailey was sick in Temple Street, they were filming stories for their Temple Street programme, they asked us to be in it but I just wasn’t able for it. she was still in a bad way at that stage & we didn’t know if she was even going to be coming home at all.

Jedt
    Keymaster

An overwhelming no then…. 😉

Yvonne

Definite no!!!

pookie4
    Participant

Maybe it depends – a few second to camera piece in early labour maybe? Camera on face or on bump… But, sorry, nada down there … or anywhere at all once I started shouting & swearing….

I remember after DS1 was born, I had stitches etc etc down there & was seriously sore & swollen. A nurse came to look at the stitches etc & asked how it was looking down there. I just looked at her and said that I had no intention of looking….. I didn’t mind her doing it, but I didn’t want to know …. The idea of having a permanent reminder of da damage…….ehhhh… noooooo

Yvonne

Yeah that’s the last thing we need to see!

I recall being asked if I wanted a mirror to look… eh no… thanks

lemonB

yea, I wish I had some of the labour time on tape …as evidence lol for my boys when they’re older lol

My eldest son who’s 16 recently blocked me on facebook just because I sent him a message on there and he then said its awkward having me on there…anyway…I was really upset and gave him a long lecture about giving birth to him lol….he probably thought about it long and hard cos few day later he unblocked me ….imagine what you could do with having the whole birth and labour on tape, of course not pointing down there lol…

pookie4
    Participant

To use as blackmail….. You could have a point there! … But still not down there!

chewieodie
    Participant

two words…. Hell no!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.