Feel so let down by the HSE – I have let my DD down

Home Forums National Chat Feel so let down by the HSE – I have let my DD down

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    delly

That is complete and utter nonsense on the Pead’s behalf. TBH in my case I didn’t even cop on that we would need aftercare, i simply thought baby is fine now, happy days. Even during these appointments I still couldn’t really understand why they needed to see her for so long, cause in my eyes she was developing fine. But thats just it, if they had of seen anything then i would have known about it.

Once she started to get to the walking or sofa surfing stage, then they were happy to discharge her. I know it might sound stupid to say that I didn’t really understand why she needed so much aftercare, but thats just it, I didn’t really know anything and we as laypeople rely on the experts for guidance.

Alison, you have to believe that you have done all you can in this situation and the problems you have experienced are because you have been let down by the system. You should be proud of the fact that you and your DH are giving the love and attention to your DD that she needs, and once you get this problem well and truly sorted, you’ll have many years of happy times ahead.

Alison,

Thanks Delly.

Its just so fustarting that we have to fight for everything for our children.
    🙁

Alison,

Thanks Delly.

Its just so fustarting that we have to fight for everything for our children.
    🙁

MNG

Hi Girls,

Allison,
    i can feel your anger and disappointment towards HSE…
    everyone knows HSE is a Big Failure right from the start till now…
    they are all upside-down running.
    dont ever let them make you feel down im sure there are also many families having to deal in such situations like you do too…

Be strong for Yourself and your lovely DD. 🙂

Hope each day you start to see the brighter side of beautiful life
    and things will start to improve for You & your lovely DD too 🙂

Everyday the Sun will come out and always Rise and Shines brightly in the glorious Blue sky. 🙂

Deirdre

Aw Alison,

I didn’t realise you were in such a difficult situation. Your little one is georgous and you have such a lovely family. Thanks a million for the buggy etc by the way, we are delighted with it. Im not too far from you so if there is anything I can do, if you wanted some time to yourself to sort things out we could arrange something or if you just wanted to meet up to vent – just let me know.

All the best wishes,

Deirdre.

Alison,

hi everyone ,

thanks so much for all your kind words ,it is a great support trust me.

MNG and Deirdre , thanks for the kind words and deirdre it was lovely to meet you and your DP.:) you are very kind to offer your help and ear for when I need it.
    My family are great dont get me wrong , but my sister has her problems with her own son such as adhd and my brother has a son wtih mild CP and authism so you can see my side of the family have issues.
    My dh family are in Kildare and to say that I am not close to them is an understatement. 🙄 they are aware of the issues but that is about all they want to know.

Alison,

hi everyone ,

thanks so much for all your kind words ,it is a great support trust me.

MNG and Deirdre , thanks for the kind words and deirdre it was lovely to meet you and your DP.:) you are very kind to offer your help and ear for when I need it.
    My family are great dont get me wrong , but my sister has her problems with her own son such as adhd and my brother has a son wtih mild CP and authism so you can see my side of the family have issues.
    My dh family are in Kildare and to say that I am not close to them is an understatement. 🙄 they are aware of the issues but that is about all they want to know.

Deirdre

Well just so you know that I mean it. I have a little fella the same age as your DD and so I can only imagine what you must be going through. Seriously, if youre having a rough time and want a chat or even a break for a while just let me know.
    If you would like to arrange to meet or for me to call over at anystage just pm me.

Alison,

deirdre Thank you so much 😀

we had the fright of our lives this morning at about 6.45 Lilymae started to cough really bad like she was choking and dh got to her before I did and she was struggling to breathe , she sat up and threw up a load of phlem (sorry if its tmi) anyway she was finding it hard to breathe after this so we took her into our room and she just wanted to sleep , she lay in between us and her breating was so arractic it was frighting and her heart was pounding. I took her temp and it was 38.5 so I knew it had something to do with her heartand breathing be out of sorts .anyway to cut a long story short we brought her to the doc on call and she has said dd has "asthma" 😥 😥 My own gp did say this to us about 3 weeks back when we brought dd back after he chest infection never cleared he pop her on another antibiotic which did not work either. The doc on call was very good she said she was not going to give her another antibiotic as it was not going to do the job m, she said she needs her own gp to deal with the asthma issue. She said she was ok not to go on anything over the weekend but I was to bring her to my gp on Monday and get her on something to deal with the asthma … What else can she be diganosed with 😥

libby1
    Participant

you are having a dreadful time with the HSE – i understand what you are going through , i have some experience in this …

It is good to ventilate – get it off your chest.

Rem -The most important thing is that you love your child and they know that..

I have asthma – i got it when i was 1 – and still have it , They are so advanced in treatments for this , but it is only considered an alllergy.. so no Medical Card

noeleenw

when is this country going to realise that kids get sick and it costs money dd had convulsions when she was young and got an ear infection with every tooth was also allergic to some medicines, for all the years the country was flooded with money they did nothing , it drives me mad i too couldnt get a medical card but i am still supposed to find money to fork out unexpectedly as dd get sick 🙁

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.