fantastic family show in Cork Opera House

Home Forums Cork Chat fantastic family show in Cork Opera House

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Celebrate the start of summer holidays by taking your family to ECHOA in Cork Opera House!

Google youtube/Echoa/Nashville to view a fun two minute clip on the show that keeps children glued to their seats – and parents delighted to join them!

ECHOA is the major family event of the 2010 Cork Midsummer Festival and will be in Cork Opera House on Sat 26 June at 8pm and Sun 27 June at 2:30pm and 8pm.

Jamie Monagan, Opera House deputy marketing manager, saw ECHOA last year at the Edinburgh International Children’s Festival, and she came back raving about it and was determined to bring it to Cork.

A reviewer who also saw it in Edinburgh wrote that “it’s hard to conceive of anyone – of any age – not loving Echoa…a masterclass in how to engage a multi-generational audience…rarely is contemporary dance so instantly accessible and fun” – The Scotsman

That’s one of the things that impressed Jamie: ECHOA is an hour of pure fun for all ages. A dynamic blend of dance, drums and physical comedy, French company Arcosm seizes the stage with its electrifying brand of action percussion.

ECHOA is from the French company, Arcosm. There will be a post-show talk after the Sunday matinee. Translation provided courtesy of Alliance Francaise.

All tickets €15. Book on http://www.corkoperahouse.ie or
    021-4270022. Booking fee may apply.

sluggergal

my sister who lives in edinburgh took her kids (7 and 11) to this show there last year and when she saw it was on in the opera house she insisted i take my kids. so i am and we’re looking forward to it!

Daisy37

We are thinking of heading to Cork for a few days so glad to know stuff like this going on to keep us all occupied!

Good to know. Thanks for the info… 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.