easter things to do

Home Forums National Chat easter things to do

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    scole1

it’s that time again and the kids will be off…..

anyone any ideas for things to do with the kids over the easter

also non-egg alternatives….

easter crafts – paint a baby food jar mix paint with glue to stick to the glass and add feathers and googly eyes and pop in a candle or fill with little egg surprises…..

day trip – red mountain open farm

non egg alternatives – outdoor toys, colouring book and little story books tesco have some lovely little ones for all agaes 99c upwards

yummymummy

The Zoo 🙂 always go at easter time. Im off work from 1st to 12th and cannot flipping wait. Have a party and a christening that week but sure its all good!

Kangaroo Klub, The Park, Cinema (J wants to see the new nanny mcphee film) visit friends, egg hunt in my mams friends house etc….we have a jam packed few days off. Looking forward to spending it with J and having no work to get up to.

Taylor5

Yeah we have a trip to Carlingford planned… well the Coolies! Depends on the weather.
    The Zoo (might see you there)
    Dh and ds1 might do the movies too…

We always do a big egg hunt… ds is getting some car thing hot wheels or something instead of an egg…. ds2 dont know handcuffs and a lead if he keeps going the way he has over the past few days…. might just leave himin the Zoo 😆 😆 😆

yummymummy

oooh we could do a MT trip to the zoo!!!??!!!!

Taylor5

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

im getting my tickets from the tesco clubcard booklet… only 4 euro in tesco reward tokens for one adult ticket… so 11 euro in tesco rewards for a day in the zoo!!!! Bargin cant beat that

yummymummy

I spent mine already!!!! 🙁

Aw well only 1adult and 1 child, things dont be too expensive for me.

Taylor5

if i have enough i’ll book an extra adutl and child and you can pay me the tesco amount…. will save you about 15 euro.

yummymummy

Oooh nice one 🙂

Martina
    Participant

Easter Crafts:-

Make Butterfly Garlands, cutting out butterflies from card, glue on some pieces of fancy paper and join them together with coloured string or ribbon.

Print little yellow chicks. Use a sponge and some yellow paint to make a round body and head, fluff out a bit for wings. Orange Pipe Cleaners for legs and a bit of orange card for a beak. Two black dots for eyes.

Make Easter Baskets for your eggs. Brown Paper Bag, draw a basket onto it and cut through both sides around the shape, add some decoration, cut out fabric or paper flowers etc and stick onto them.

Easter bits to bake, like Vanilla or Chocolate Queen Cakes decorated with Brightly coloured Buttercream and cadbury’s mini eggs to top them. Or Chocolate Nests. Rice Krispie Buns flatted with a hollow in the centre again add mini eggs.

We always make an Easter Tree, which consists of a piece of wood found in a ditch somewhere, with plenty of little branches on it, no leaves. Spray paint it White and then put into a painted pot and secure it there. Then we make little cut out birds, butterlies and eggs and hang them off it. Doesn’t have to be big just sits in the window.

I know a family of five who always felt the days out between the 5 kids and 2 adults very expensive and used to always have a picnic Easter Sunday up in Tolka Woods or Ravensdale, which basically consisted of an Easter Egg each and a run through the woods, the kids loved it and it didn’t cost a thing, if it rained they wore raincoats!

Taylor5

yeah we want to do Ravensdale this Easter too.

Love the Chocolate nest… how do you make buttercream, dont know how to make it

Liverbird

there’s also an easter fair on up at the boyne valley hotel on the 4th of April. adults 2 euro, kids free.

Taylor5

newgrange farm has if easter egg hunt and easter bonnet comp…

munchin
    Participant

gosh girls you’re all making me feel guilty – Easter was never really a big thing in our house and apart from a family dinner on Easter sunday we’ve never really done much. 😳 😥 will def have to make an effort

Moonflower

i saw a sign over in Trim for a hot air balloon festival over the easter weekend thinking of taking a trip over to see, do a google on it as there was a web address but i didnt catch it…should list diary of events, we always have one in my hometownin england & its a specatucular site to see the many hot air ballons fill the sky!

Taylor5

i saw a sign over in Trim for a hot air balloon festival over the easter weekend thinking of taking a trip over to see, do a google on it as there was a web address but i didnt catch it…should list diary of events, we always have one in my hometown in england & its a specatucular site to see the many hot air ballons fill the sky!

oh sounds good!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.