Donacarney school – driving nightmare area

Home Forums Meath Chat Donacarney school – driving nightmare area

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

I live close to Donacarney school and drive down that road most days when going to work or dropping my children to and from school.

The parking and driving situation around this school is not only infuriating but also, very dangerous.

Parents dropping off and picking up do u-turns on this narrow country road. They also pull in suddenly to park – without indicating or using hazard lights.

Last week a car almost reversed into me as I was waiting to make my way through. I put my window down and (very nicely and calmly) asked the driver to please use the roundabout that is just a few hundred metres up the road, next time. He replied by shouting at me and basically told me to feck off. My 3 children were in the car as he shouted obscenities at me and they were frightened.

If you drop your kids to this school, can you please consider the people who live in the area. Pleaser don’t reverse or do dangerous u-turns where you block the road as it is a nightmare for locals.

There is a roundabout there for a reason and it is ridiculous so many parents perform dangerous maneuvers rather than drive the 1 minutes it takes to reach that roundabout.

It is an accident zone just waiting to happen.

Fabienne

I agree with you.

Could it not be possible to have the gardi to be there in the morning a least for a little while so people will stop doing U turn where ther is no space.

madhousemum

This is why my kids get the bus!!!!….. it is a nightmare for parents and bus drivers alike 😯
    I used to have to be there for the 2pm pick up @1.30pm….. as for 3pm pick up…… sure I may as well stayed put 🙄
    Hopefully with the new school being built parking will be sorted out!!…. saying that, I do miss the chit chat of all the mums & dads at the school 🙁 , fab lot they are 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.