Do you do your Kegel Exercises?

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness Do you do your Kegel Exercises?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

We have carried out a customer survey here at EVB Sport and have found out that almost 30% of responders don’t know what kegel exercises are!

This was a great surprise to us as these exercises are so important for Mums, especially when you have just had a baby. As most, if not all of you probably already know, Kegel exercises strengthen your pelvic floor muscles which support your uterus, bladder and bowel. They can reduce urinary incontinence, help women with natural childbirth and prevent and help with genital prolapse.

Given the results of our survey, we would encourage all of you to talk to your mummy friends about Kegel exercises and to try to remind each other to have a little pelvic work-out every day. You can do them discreetly whenever and wherever you are – it’s just remembering that’s the problem, so spread the word!

Jedt
    Keymaster

I’m doing mine right now!!! 😆 😆 😆 😆

But have to say, I wore the EVB sports shorts to an exercise class the other day and I felt so supported, they are very good! I usually have to pee during a class but I got through the whole class without any interruptions. They really hold you in and are very firm so they keep all the jiggly bits static! And that cannot be a bad thing (especially with my baby belly and weak bladder!!!)

mammycool
    Participant

I spent ages looking for something on this. Do Kegel exercise actually work for anyone? Does anyone know of any different exercise that will help in this area.

I was reading an article from a lady recently, who said that squats were the best exercise for your core, based on the whole for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. The core muscles go right around.

It is over 6 years since I had a baby and I have never recovered the strength in my core. I am looking for something that works as a long term solution. I have never managed to do these exercises properly.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just reading this is making me squeeze – does that count??!!!

mammycool
    Participant

😆 I think you have to do it a bit more often!

munchin
    Participant

ha ha I just squeezed – then read admin’s post and burst out laughing – getting strange looks in the office 😆 😆

Denise91
    Participant

and squeeze and release….and squeeze and release…. 😆 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.