Delivery of household charge leaflet

Home Forums Louth Chat Delivery of household charge leaflet

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    pinata ruth

I got my household charge leaflet delivered yesterday. To my surprise it didn’t come in with the postman. It was delivered by two men in a van (very battered looking), one driving and one hopping out to put leafet in doors. I live in the middle of the countryside and this just baffled me. Surely it is more expensive to employ two men to drive around the countryside to deliver leafets than AnPost who are delivering everyday anyway!! Not to mention the petrol costs. Does anybody have any insight into this?? Did the same thing happen at your house? :?

Jedt
    Keymaster

Why am I not even surprised??!! That’s absolutely typical….

Well, so far 98,000 homes have registered and the other 3 million have not. I am not paying it, no way. Next year it will be 150 and it will keep going up and up.

If our government had any clue about budgeting I would pay it but they have not and so I am not throwing my very hard earned money into the bottomless pit that is the Irish economy.

Just say no!!!!!!

munchin
    Participant

nope doesn’t surprise me either

i don’t know anyone that’s paid it yet- it’s to be paid before the end of march and i believe the government are epxect slot of people to pay next month – be interesting to see how many actually do

Fabienne

I heard about it, but I was thinking will get some invoice, until I was told, you have to go online where? and do it yourself.
    They expect you to pay and find you how and when by yourself and they’ll send you invoice with extra fees if you’re late.
    Sorry very strange way to function, is it just my french side?

Fabienne

Yvonne

Thats just ridiculous that they are doing it that way.. typical Irish Government!

We are not paying the charge either… like you said Sabbi, it will keep going up, and once you have registered on their system, you are nabbed for every other charge that they invent in the future!

This does not surprise me at all!!

Wasting more money to deliver the leaflets is just typical 👿

Gareth

Taylor5

An post provide a publicity post service, it used to be called "penny post" because you got paid 1 penny for each flyer… it think its about 3 or 4 cent a flyer that the postperson gets paid and maybe a few cent more for An post, so it would cost in total about 5cent per household, i dont know what these guys in the van would charge

i think im going to pay it, i dont want to be landed with a 2k fine, i know they cant fine everyone but i know i’d be the one that gets caught….i would rather pay it and have it done with. If we marched on the street in protest then i would support not paying it, but there seems like we are just rolling over and allowing it to happen, so i will just be another person rolling over and paying it!!

pinata ruth

i dont know what these guys in the van would charge

EEHHH? really would they just drive around for the government for free? Petrol costs alone must be huge!!!

I’m even more confused and has anybody else seen this?

My neighbour did see the van as well and asked me what I thought of it, she’s equally as baffled.

Taylor5

That is very strange alright… was it northern plates on the van? I do know alot of Government flyers etc get printed up north

scole1

It’s gas u know when they want u to vote etc they do adverts upon adverts leaflets on instructions explaining x y z but this charge seems to be I reckon a tester to see will people actually pay it
    Can they actually fine you? For real is it really a mandatory fee that it’s actually you must pay or else? Tbh I don’t really listen to all this its bad enough hearing people’s personal situations falling apart than listening to how screwed the country is
    But have to agree with Fabienne it’s odd the government expect us to go one line where? Do what?
    Is the government waiting for the fools that did register for the charge nab them and keep upping the charge
    Regards delivery rather than paying mystery white van why not get the tds etc etc to deliver do they not already get paid by the government they ate well able to deliver their election crap
    And ref printing up north wow they are hypocrites they need to boost economy here support Irish but the government gets the printing done up north supporting the British economy
    Yes I know they helped us out of a hole but if the government wants to encourage us to stay buying Irish surely they should lead by example
    Oh wait I forgot they never do

Taylor5

Their answer to printing up north is that it was fair play and the cheapest tender got the job!! Im not sure if the current leaflets are printed up north but some of the election stuff was

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.