coal merchants..best value and service.

Home Forums Louth Chat coal merchants..best value and service.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Kate

the law is that fuel has to be smokeless, but what’s cheap may be poor quality and not burn as well.

The eco stuff that woodies were selling last year was good. it wasn’t as dirty as coal.
    Its like this:
    http://www.ecofuelbriquettes.com/

ps: was told by a fitter that you can’t use firelogs or firepacks in a stove because of the lighting fluid used in it, the glass could crack.

Taylor5

ah dont tell me that Kate!!! No way i had an image of xmas morning just putting a match to my firebag and an instant fire!!!

Thanks for the tip off

Waffy1

Twas a 40 kg bag of coal. it’ scalled Triple heat coal. Town & country is up by Michael Briscoes up the back. Don’t know if they deliver. Hubby was up there in the van so he collected a few bags of it.

Maria30

Town & Country is now out in Duleek Business Park.

Taylor5

Twas a 40 kg bag of coal. it’ scalled Triple heat coal. Town & country is up by Michael Briscoes up the back. Don’t know if they deliver. Hubby was up there in the van so he collected a few bags of it.

Sorry Waffy another question, is that a smokeless coal? Just had a read, i can only use smokeless fuel in my stove…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Some brand fire bags have very little coal and more sticks in them…very easy make your own if your up for it. Literally a plastic bag fill with mix of coal, sticks, lighters etc and away you go. Just have a few made up.

Best bit of advice I can give is GET A BAG OF SLACK for a fire. Wet the slack in a bucket and put it on top of your fire when its well lit ‘slack it down’ as we used to say. Looks like the fire is nearly going to die when you do it but then it comes up again and is so hot and glowing red. Saves the coal burning away and the fire lasts for ages….much cheaper than burning coal away.

Smokeless fuels only in smokeless fuel area..mostly towns and cities. Keep the smog away…remember years ago when you couldnt breathe with the smog.

Taylor5

Thanks for the advice girls but i wont have to worry about getting coal… the fitter rang the insert wont fit 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 I would have to get my sand stone cut, well that wont be happening…. going to look into getting a stand alone stove in the other room and getting a cowl thing for the chimney….
    Just on the off chance does anyone know, the cost of getting a fireback built for an open fire???

misholini

the law is that fuel has to be smokeless, but what’s cheap may be poor quality and not burn as well.

The eco stuff that woodies were selling last year was good. it wasn’t as dirty as coal.
    Its like this:
    http://www.ecofuelbriquettes.com/

ps: was told by a fitter that you can’t use firelogs or firepacks in a stove because of the lighting fluid used in it, the glass could crack.

Firelogs in supermarkets wrapped in some kind of paper do contain lighting fluid but the wood briquettes from the site above are pure hard wood and can be used in stoves as well. I’ve tried them and they are very clean after all.

Taylor5

I used regular coal, but find it doesnt suit the stove, smokeless fuel is best… a tree fell down in my friends garden and she said i can have it for firewood… happy days!!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.