coal merchants..best value and service.

Home Forums Louth Chat coal merchants..best value and service.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Don’t get coal often but starting to use it more now and wondering who is best value for good coal in clogherhead area.

Taylor5

http://www.homefuel.ie/products.php?sup … =29&cat=13

im found this site, not sure if the prices are good… im looking to get a bag in the next week or two.. whats a good coal and whats not?? God didnt know there was such choice

chewieodie
    Participant

I tend to get from Myles Coals…. tel : 041 9827626 / 087 2612 048

I get the Polish Coal… e 16 per bag
    or : 3 bags & 1 log : e 48 COD
    6 bags & 2 log : e 95 COD
    10 bags & 3 log: e 158 COD

I’m not sure if he delivers out to Clogherhead…. but sure, a phonecall would determine that for you….

I phoned yesterday, and they delivered last night…. been using them for the last couple of years…. 😉

Waffy1

Got coal from town & country for €13 a bag. It’s the best coal i’ve ever used lights really easily & one bucket does all day & night

chewieodie
    Participant

Where is that Waffly? And is that for a 40kg bag? good price!

noeleenw

i used that http://www.homefuel.ie last week got 10 bags from kingcoal , great stuff…. be wary of cheaper prices , sometimes you might as well be lighting stones 😆

Maria30

We got some coal from Town and Country out in Duleek and I find it great. We did get some at the Top garage before and it was really bad.

Taylor5

Have town and country moved?

Chewi i used myles coles when i was pregnant on ds1, i had a pika (think thats the name) but i had a craving to eat coal, he came into the chemist and i gave him a chemist paper bag and he went out and got me the yummiest piece of coal…. he did think i was mad but still did it for me 😆 😆 😆

Waffy what size bag is that for 13 euro? is that 40kg?

Stupid question is polish coal smokey coal? Im all new to this, will have my stove fitted next week so i want to buy a bag before then….
    How long would a bag of coal last???

Was just over in dunnes and they have fire logs dunnes ones, 2 for 2.50, dont know if thats cheap or not.

chewieodie
    Participant

As a S African…. my knowledge of coal is somewhat limited! 😳 😆
    But…. my neighbour who is a Dubliner says that the Polish coal is a better quality / burns hotter coal….
    Now, for how true this is, I don’t know, I’m ignorant… but he wouldn’t get anything else…. and yeah, it is a smoke coal…. but I’ve never had any smoke in the house or anything… goes straight up the chimney!

Taylor5

oh the only reason i ask is that i want the smokey coal, but it cant be sold in Drogheda, the Top garage can only sell smokeless coal…. i want the good smokey warm stuff, just couldnt remember if it was the polish stuff i was looking for….. it was just coal the last time i was buying it, 10 years ago 😆 😆 😆

Yvonne

Mummy5, we now have a coalman delivering and he charges €15 a bag and have to say its great coal, great heat and burns down to nothing.

Gary – 087 6207124

Anonymous
    Inactive

thanks ladies…and thanks Yvonne. Sadly Taylor5 Drogheda is one of the areas you have to use ‘smokeless’ fuels supposedly. Shops in the area can’t sell ‘smonkey’ fuel if thats a word 😆

libby1
    Participant

Did anyone get the number for the ton of turf for €100? I hope to share with a neighbour

Please

chewieodie
    Participant

I was also liking the idea of the ton of turf…. but wondering where I would store it to be honest…. if it were to come in the bags then that would be "do-able"… but a skip bag?…. tricky….

Taylor5

Did anyone get the number for the ton of turf for €100? I hope to share with a neighbour

Please

If you ring bohills the guys there will give you the mans number.

Can you buy the good smokey coal outside Drogheda and then burn in Drogheda 😳 ❓ Sorry but i have to ask!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.