Child Benefit

Home Forums National Chat Child Benefit

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Bookwitch

Government voted last night and passed 10% cut in Child Benefit

yummymummy

I’m happy with that!! Down €16.60 per month but considering that 8 years ago when I had my ds it wasn’t even £100!!!!!

Better than loosing €30 per month with a 20% cut.

It was always going to be the only "fairest" way to cut it.

yummymummy

Just as an aside…..you know the way increases don’t take effect till April , I wonder if the decrease will take effect then or in the first Jan payment.

sweetpea1979

happy days 😀

rcole

Fair I suppose, but like O’Leary from Ryanair said.
    He doesn’t need it so why does it get Direct Debited to his A/c.

Sure there are a few others around the country in a similar situation.

Bookwitch

I’ll be down €50 a month not so good! 🙁

sweetpea1979

well i’m about the same – but every bit helps – rather have some than nothing…. 🙂

munchin
    Participant

I’m happy with that – well not happy but you know what i mean

Bookwitch

I just hope that this is not the beginning of a series of cuts. I only work part-time so really rely on CB

Taylor5

I just hope that this is not the beginning of a series of cuts. I only work part-time so really rely on CB

I’ll put money on it that this is just the start of the cuts, i bet over the next few years it wlll be only paid to primary school kids, if not abolished altogether

not as bad as expected, but add the 2% levy dh pays, loss of Mortagage intrest relief …. it all adds up

Janelle

Hi there,
    Does anyone know where the local td’s office is would like to go and speak to him about these proposed cuts and how unhappy I am about it? Thanks

Jedt
    Keymaster

Thomas Bryne is the local Fianna Fail TD and he has an office in Donacarney. If you are driving from Dunnes Stores in Southgate, towards Mornington & Bettystown, his office is located on the left, beside the Beeches Montessori and just before the big red brick building on the crossroads, which is also a playschool.

I’ve roasted FF loads of times, at least you’ll feel better to get it off your chest!

Let us know how you get on….

Janelle

Thanks Sabbi, will let you know if I get to speak to him

Taylor5

The Group PACBU are asking mothers to call to their local tds tomorrow and give them a piece of you mind…. might pop into poor ould thomas byrne 😆 😆 😆 After all he is FF

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.