Chicken

Home Forums National Chat Chicken

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Fabienne

I’m looking into getting few hens (about 6). But if anyone has a tip for an affordable chicken coop (new or second hand), please share.
    Searching online but so expensive and hubby not into it yet, and with the prices I see, it’s a no-no.

Fabienne

Jedt
    Keymaster

There is a guy across from the retail park up beside you (the one with Smyth’s) called KW Sheds and he makes kennels and sheds and possibly chicken coups too.

You could call in and have a look and see what he has. His name is Kevin and he is very friendly.

My friend has chickens, I’ll ask her for some tips for you too 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Try here for a chicken coup – http://www.kwsheds.ie/

Ask for Kevin and let him know Siobhan from Mumstown recommended him!

HTH

Emmms
    Participant

We converted a dog kennell into a chicken coup. It cost hardly anything. They need perches to roost on. We just got old sweeping brush handles we had lying around and attached them. They also need somewhere a little bit private to nest. We just blocked off the back corner of the kennell with some wood and made a hatch so we cld get the eggs.
    My husband loves little projects like this but it wasnt too bad.

Good luck wit it, maybe try donedeal etc for a 2nd hand one.

Fabienne

Thanks.

mammycool
    Participant

Hi Fabienne,

You would also need some sort of metal fencing or mesh, or the poor chickens will not last a week with the local fox!!

Try donedeal or buyandsell or one of those sites – you might get something secondhand that you could use. Alternatively, try a scrap yard – you never know what they might have. Chickens are great for getting rid of your scraps but they do attract rodents!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.