Cat on a hot tin roof…..

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Pregnancy & Birth Cat on a hot tin roof…..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    duckiedoo

I just found out at the weekend that i am pregnant… about 5 week’s i had an ectopic oct 09 and had to have a tube removed and anovary (as the surgeon scored it) so as you can imagine the fact that i am pregnant at all is amazing!!! But i was warned if i did manage to get preg again that i had to contact my gynae as my risk of ectopic is greater than normal, so i did and i am booked in for early detection scan on the 9th aug….i feel fine, no pain, no bleeding -but i had no symptoms of ectopic the last time until i was almost 10 weeks and even then it was only a small amount of blood. I am sick with worry now this time, and am having trouble sleeping or settling myself at all. Has any1 had an ectopic and gone on to have a normal preg the next time?????

ed1
    Participant

Firstly congratulations on your pregnancy.

I know of 2 people who have had eptopic pregancies and have gone on to have healthy pregnancies second time round.

I am sure you will be ok.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Duckiedoo,

If you are feeling stressed about it, which is completely understandable, try to take some time out and do something nice for yourself.

I was ill a few weeks ago and going through a tough time; so took myself for an hour long massage last week. It really did the trick, I slept like a baby afterwards.

Not sure where you are situated but I went to Tranquility Salon, I told them about my illness etc and they made up a combination of massage for me. It really helped.

Maybe you should try to do something like that. It might take your mind off things.

Try to think positive, it is unlikely the same thing will happen again. You will most probably get the all clear at your upcoming scan.

Take care. 🙂

duckiedoo

Thanks ed1 and sabbi!! Glad to hear that your friends went on to have successful pregnancies following eptopic’s…..a little more at ease now so. And sabbi the massage sounds just the ticket, i am in donegal but there is a good spa near by, thanks so much. xx

Taylor5

i know 2 people that had ectopic pregnancies then went on to have 2 normal pregnancies….. its just like a mc, i had one at 10 weeks, i got pregnant again but spent the entire pregnancy like a cat on a hot tin roof.
    Stress isnt good for you, you are really just going to have to relax, maybe a swim or a walk or even pop into the church and light a few candles
    Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy

duckiedoo

Thanks taylor5, i know you are right, being wound up wont help any, i am trying but easier said than done!!! My husband brought me home 4 baby bantums yesterday…( no , not diamonds…or a weekend away….bloomin HENS!!!- lol) So myself and the kids have been spending time playing with them and just watchin them and it has believe it or not lifted my mind of matters a bit!

Taylor5

Ah how cute… lovely fresh eggs! Took your mind off things, it is easier said then done but the 7th of Aug isnt that far off… think positive all is looking and feeling good at the moment, im crossing everything for you xxxxx

duckiedoo

Thank You xxx

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.