calpol night

Home Forums National Chat calpol night

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    MaryE

I didn’t know that about dozal, are you sure Taylor? My chemist recommended it when i said i was flying on a plane with him!!

My ds had a stomach operation at 6 weeks old & was on very strong painkillers that did him no harm, so not too worried about the dozal. He is a hardy little lad.

My cousin is a paediatric nurse & she is always saying not to take too much notice of the age stated on the medicine, instead you check the weight of your child against the dosage amounts & that’s how you work out the how much medicne to give them. That’s what they do in the hospitals which makes sense. .I am lucky to have her, she is my hot line when ever ds is sick or hurts himself (which since he is crawling & trying to stand/walk is a lot lately – always falling).

As i said my ds doesn’t like medicine so he doesn’t get much at all (typical man – my dh won’t take painkillers either) but i really think some mothers are only being cruel not giving their children painkillers when they need them. They think they are being great mothers but i just don’t agree. A child can go into convulsions if they get a high enough temperature & why have them in pain if you can make life easier on them!!

This is coming from someone who is big into alternative therapies, so really wouldn’t give him medicine unless he needed it & i thought it would make him feel better. As i said it doesn’t make him sleep, so not doing it to make my life a little easier.

dozol is from 3 months. my doc advised me when dd was teething at 4 months to give it to her .

munchin
    Participant

i only used dozol for the first time on tues night she slept alot better but still woke twice, gave it to her again last night and she slept the night. will see how she is today.
    i find the nurofen & teedex just make her hyper and i don’t think the calpol helps her sleep at all it eases the pain you can see the difference after 15/20mins. The dozol may have helped her sleep or teething could have been easing .. just have to go with flow i find

i think they should have calpol night down here. dozol is good is well but i find the calpol night a little bit better. the normal calpol never worked on my dd but this one stronger.

Taylor5

Nikki check the lable on the calpol night I bet its the very same as Teedex.

Edel the age limit is there for a reason, its not down to the size of the child at all, that would be for mild meds like calpol and you’d use common sense on dosage.
    If a med says "not suitalbe for under 1 or 2 years old" this would be due to the fact that some of the Ingredents cannot be digested by young kids, their Kidneys and liver arent mature enough to cope and can cause serious damage.
    You said you ds was on pain killers at a young age, but these were on doctors advice. the dangers is mother using unsuitable products and self dosing.
    If you told the chemist the age of the child you would be using the meds on they would refuse point blank to sell them to you, this is due to the fact the product isnt licened for sale for younger kids.

rossylisa

never knew that about dozol taylor … i gave it to dd when she was younger ( teething stage) and it made her very cranky so never used it agan ( dd was a very happy baby never cried for nothing ifykwim what happend to her 😆 ) i did google dozol 😆 😳 and it does say not to be given to children under 2

i was told from doc that dozol is from 3 months and upand its safe anough to use i always get it the chemists and when dd was 3 1/2 months old a girl asked me in chemist who was it for and i said my daughter and she didnt say anything.

Taylor5

If you get a child dying anywhere while using a product, the product is pulled from the shelves and the product is reviewed. A few years ago Vicks Baby Balsam vanished from the shops at the time is was suitable from 1 year old, but a child died in France and the age on Vicks went to 2 years old, but snuffle baby was still ok for younger babies. I still know mothers who use vicks on babies as young as 6 weeks old 😯 😯 😯 😯
    I know a woman who sat in the pharmacy untill closing time, she was demanding they sold her phergnan which was not recommend for under two’s, they had to tell her they would ring the gardas if she didnt leave the store and if she wanted the phergnan she would only get it on Medical advice/ pescription from doctor.

I would hate saying No to a customer, they would always say "Oh shes a big baby"…… she might be big but her poor liver and kidneys are still immature and unable to injest the said product.

Taylor5

Dozal isnt from 3 months at all….. that shouldnt have been sold to you at all. Never mind the fact the child couldnt injest this and putting massive pressure on her internal organs, but its sooooo dangerous, if a older child rolls over while sedated on Dozal the chances are they child will roll back, but a very very young baby this could end up fatal.
    There should be no need to sedate a child as young as 3 months, there teething shouldnt be that bad, its the big back teeth where most people would use Dozal or Teedex……. its all sounds a bit like trying to force (drugging) a young baby to sleep 😯 😯 😯 😯

yummymummy

thank fook i dont have to deal with any of this shite anymore!!!!

phenergan is only good for bad chicken pocks and bad sleeping in older children . i wouldnt use that stuff when my dd had chickens pocks my phn advised me to get it she was only 6 months at the time i said she was far to young for that i have to say it is good on older children that have sleep problems my friend little one is 6 and she oly got 3 hours sleep a night wit her a night she had bAD SLEEP PROBLEMS. she use to use it on her and she isnt as bad as she was know.

Taylor5

phenergan is only good for bad chicken pocks and bad sleeping in older children . i wouldnt use that stuff when my dd had chickens pocks my phn advised me to get it she was only 6 months at the time i said she was far to young for that i have to say it is good on older children that have sleep problems my friend little one is 6 and she oly got 3 hours sleep a night wit her a night she had bAD SLEEP PROBLEMS. she use to use it on her and she isnt as bad as she was know.

i give up! I cant believe you have just posted the Phenergan is used for chicken pox or kids who dont sleep well 😯 😯 😯 😯
    Your coming on here and condoning drugging kids to sleep 🙄 These drugs are medications and from the get go I got the feeling that your post was more about sedation a child rather then pain relief, thats why we have to be so carefull about what and amouts of these products that mothers use.
    Thats great for other mothers out there, if you child doesnt sleep just drug them for an easy life. A good routine and good diet can work wonders
    Im not posting on this topic again as Im fuming at the last post, well fuck me drugging kids to sleep 😯 😈 😈 😈 😈

jan2008

hi Guys,

Hope the company that make Dozol are not wrong because i am just looking at the bottle of Dozol here beside me, and the Dosage states 3 months to 1 year 5ml or one teaspoonsul. so it looks like it is suitable. But is does say that children using this should be kept under supervision. 🙂

kasia

is good on older children that have sleep problems my friend little one is 6 and she oly got 3 hours sleep a night wit her a night she had bAD SLEEP PROBLEMS. she use to use it on her and she isnt as bad as she was know.

are your friend for real!!!! that’s a great way of dealing with child who has sleeping problems 😯 😯 sedate. problem solved.
    when i read somethig like that….

munchin
    Participant

hi jan2008 i was panicking here last week when i heard about dozol not being suitable for under 2’s. my little one was having a rough time with teething and usual things weren’t helping here so i tried dozol for 2 nights then read the posts etc etc
    I must have read the bottle god knows how many times on friday night and i was also speaking to a friend of mine who is a peadatric nurse, it is suitable for 3months upwards – BUT obviously like any medication shouldn’t be used on a regular basis. I hate taking tablets etc myself and hate even more giving them to my girl but when needs must!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.