Bootcamp – a wobbly mammy’s diary.

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT mams.ie Weight Loss Support Group Bootcamp – a wobbly mammy’s diary.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

DAY 5….

I hit the wall…. I had a bad sleep the night before and really did not want to get up at 6am to go exercising. I tried hard to remember why I decided to do this for some motivation as I pulled myself out of bed and over to Lab Fitness.

I spoke with the instructor before the class just to let her know I was feeling off that day and that I may need to take a few rests along the way. She was very nice about it and when it came time to do a run, I literally had no energy left for it, so she got me to do some exercises in class instead.

I was very glad I went and did not feel too bad after it. Its hard going if you don’t have enough sleep, so my advice to anyone doing it is to try and get a good 7-8 hours in the night before. It makes s huge difference.

Jedt
    Keymaster

DAY 6…

Two weeks down already. 6 sessions done and I am starting to really feel a difference in myself physically. After this morning’s session I decided to weigh myself and see if there would be any difference yet and I was delighted to see I have lost half a stone already!

I know its mostly water and baby fat and should come off quickly but for me, it felt great to see that and I was delighted.

Every lunge, squat, crunch, bunny hop, burpee, run, sprint and all the other exercises we’ve been doing must be paying off for that kind of weight loss already.

I am so delighted. It is just the motivation I need to keep me going for the next 4 weeks…. 😛 😛

munchin
    Participant

WEll done Sabbi thats brilliant i lost 4lbs in 3weeks and thought i was doing well but half stone in 2 weeks is brilliant. Fair play for going on Wed even though you didn’t feel like it – i bet you’re chuffed to bits today and rightly so! 😉

Yvonne

Well done Sabbi you are doing great!

Jedt
    Keymaster

DAY 7 –

This morning I was grand getting out of bed. I had a good sleep and am not feeling nervous about the bootcamp anymore (I was a bit nervous at the start and was not sleeping great before)

Felt fresh and ready to take it on today and just as well I had a good sleep because today, we had another TOTALLY DIFFERENT class!! The amount of creativity and work that goes into bootcamp from Laura and her team is incredible. No two classes have been similar at all yet – its always something fresh and new each time.

today we did spinning, up and down on bikes cycling as fast as my legs would carry me. I was a bit jellylike after a few minutes of that but it was a good work out, sweat was pumping out of me and it was nearly (only nearly) a relief to get out for the jog.

Its hard going but I am seeing results and that is just more motivation to keep going.

Well done to all the guys & gals doing it – we are all a bit fitter already and its only 2 weeks in!! 😀

laura

Well done Sabbi…you are doing so well…it is still early days, but i can already see how your fitness is improving day by date… on the first day (like everyone new to exercise) most impact exercises I could see you struggled with..and today, 2 weeks later, you raised up to the challenge super well 🙂

I know as a mum (and i only have 1…so can only imagine how your life is with 4…total admiration)..that there is always something to do for the family, and we tend to forget to make time for ourselves. Exercise is such a vital and important part in keeping a healthy balance with a hectic family life that no one cannot afford not to do it!

I never sell our classes as ‘you will loose so many pounds in so many weeks’. Exercise is not about loosing weight (yes it is a bonus) but it is about finding that balance in life where you actually enjoy it as oppose to see it as a chore.

I know many people will disagree with the following comment (apologies in advnace) but Ireland is such a dieting nation that sometimes it drives me mad!! points, sins, and anything along those lines drives me insane!!! healthy habits for life and exercise is the key for you to find your happy weight.

Jedt
    Keymaster

I agree with you Laura and before I had my babies I was a happy size 12 and did not like diets but in recent years with being pregnant and trying to lose baby weight etc I have tried many diets and hated them all!

Healthy eating, good exercise that makes you sweat and a little treat every now and then is what its all about. (and the odd glass of wine at the weekends too!!)

I definitely found it easier today, I managed to jog most of the way around (thats a big improvement for me as I have never been a natural jogger!).

I am really starting to enjoy it and I would definitely recommend it for anyone who wants to kick start a healthier lifestyle. I plan to keep up with being active and eating well when the 6 weeks is up. 😀

Jedt
    Keymaster

DAY 9 –

Yesterday morning was tough!! Vanessa is such a drill sergeant….

We started off with our warm up (code for really hard moves that make you sweat buckets!) and then we had our first jog, then we had some skipping and lunges with dumbbells and finally another jog before getting down for some tummy exercises and a stretch.

I got through it all and managed to jog further than I had previously, so thats a good sign. I was feeling quite happy with myself when I left and dare I say it, on a little bit of an exercise buzz!!

I had no need or desire to take a nap at all yesterday so that progress!

This morning when I got out of bed I could really feel the places we worked yesterday. Stiff legs and upper arms – but not painful – just well worked. I feel like going for a little jog later on today to loosen up so its definitely having a good affect on me.

We are half way through the 6 week course now and I’ve lost 10 lbs and can feel myself toning up, I am so happy to see the weight coming off and feel my energy levels increase.

There were a few mornings in weeks 1 & 2 when I thought I could not (or to be truthful, did not WANT) to do it anymore but I am so glad I stuck it out and I suspect I will be very happy at the end of the 6 weeks. 😀

Yvonne

Wow Sabbi, you are doing fab, well done!

And you making it sound very worth doing!

Where is this held??

Jedt
    Keymaster

Its in LabFitness in Mell, Drogheda. Its really good for anyone who wants to shift a few pounds and up their fitness levels over a few weeks.

There are 4 and 6 week options and I am doing the 6 week one. Have to say, the first 3 weeks have flown by and I am really feeling the benefits of it

The first week was hard and week two was tough as well but it is getting better and I am feeling my energy levels increase and fitness improve and also, my waist is really coming back – having been absent so long with pregnancies!

Its not easy but I suppose anything thats going to get good results is not easy! But it is definitely worth it. 😀

You can find out more about it at http://www.labfitness.com or by contacting the girls in there on hazel@labfitness.com or 087 631 4752.

Yvonne

Sorry silly me thought it was held outdoors!!

I think its something I will consider once I get my fitness levels up a bit, it has ran off on me a while ago!

Jedt
    Keymaster

You’re right Yvonne – it is a combination of indoors and outdoors. You do some work in the studios and then out for a jog, back for more work in the studio, out for a jog and so on and so forth!

I was extremely unfit when I started, I could not do the jog, I had to walk most of the way around to be honest but now, only 3 weeks in I can jog most of the way around. It is hard but each week I can run a little further – so it is helping me improve my fitness slowly but surely.

There are women and a few men of all shapes and sizes there and it is not competitive at all. everyone does their best and we all encourage each other if someone is falling behind. There is a nice camaraderie going on and that has helped me when I felt like packing it in!

munchin
    Participant

Sounds like you’re really enjoying it Sabbi and benefiting from it to – 10lbs in 3 weeks is brilliant
    I went out for my walk yesterday and actually managed to jog about a third to nearly half of it which i was happy with as last time i tried to jog a few weeks back it near killed me 😆 😆

Jedt
    Keymaster

Well done munchin – its just about getting out and being active and moving your body until you sweat hard!!

We were chatting jogging v’s walking after our bootcamp this morning and Laura (drill sergeant Armada as we call her now) was saying that jogging moves all the fat around your body and helps you get rid of it, where as walking does not move the fat as effectively.

I know thats pretty horrible but next time you are jogging, if you can feel the excess weight moving up and down you’ll know you are on the way to shedding it.

I can feel less jiggling than there was 3 weeks ago!! I was able to jog a bit further this morning and honestly, I still find it hard and I had a head like a beetroot by the time we finished but I also got a great buzz at the end of it.

I was finally able to do ‘burpess’ this morning (very evil exercises that I could not manage to do in week 1) so I am delighted with myself today.

I could not do them in the first week because I had too much belly fat in my way but now I can actually manage them. There is still a good bit of mummy tummy to go but its coming off!!

Labfitness are going to run another 4 & 6 week bootcamp in September and they are also running a Beach camp for 1 week in August. You can see all details on http://labfitness.com/

They are also getting a gang involved in the ‘Run-a-Muck’ event in Kildare in October where you do a 5km obstacle course which includes a bit of running, climbing and some other activities and basically results in getting very mucky! I think I’ll sign up for this – will keep me motivated to continue exercising and should be good craic.

Anyone else who fancies it is most welcome to get involved. It will be fun for the mammies to be mucky, rather than the kids!!!

munchin
    Participant

oh yep believe me i know the feeling of the jiggly bits :lol::lol: i think too i just felt ready to job yesterday and was pretty surprised i did as much as i did. I know it sounds daft but yest i had 3/4 leggings on where as i usually wear a track suit and i think the track suit is too heavy for jogging …..going to head to dunnes today to see if i can find a few more pairs of leggings 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.