Best underwear for busty gals!

Home Forums Yummy Mummy to Practical Parenting! Best underwear for busty gals!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

I am a DD cup and usually go to M&S for underwear but just wondering is there anywhere else l should try for bras? I like good support but do not want to pay 50 or 60 quid for a bra…..just thought there might be some other places worth looking that l don’t know about.

munchin
    Participant

I’m a double d too and after wearing god knows how many different types over the years I buy in M&S all the time now – they have a particular range it’s lacey in white, nude, cream and black and that’s what I buy most ofthe time now.
    I used to wear triumph but very expensive and I find the m&s ones just as good – just went onto website to check price and seems they do more colours and it’s only € 22

http://www.marksandspencer.ie/Jacquard- … rt=#pdpTab

munchin
    Participant

oh and they do matching pants

Jedt
    Keymaster

as long as the pants are proper sized!! l have now accepted that thongs and low rise pants are not for me!!

I am all about the Bridget Jones style, cover the tummy, knickers!! 😆

Yvonne

Its my biggest (literally) pain – kills me to pay for bras, I would love to be a DD but I am an F cup and I hate it!!!! I do shop in M&S on occasion and can get some good ones.

If I have something really nice to wear for a wedding or something I would go to Shaws or Ophelia – which obviously you pay a bit more but it is worth it when you are bigger.

Debenhams bras are great too and can have great value.. I love Fantasie bras and I always go to Debenhams in the sale and get them at a great price!

My sister got a reduction last year, would dearly love to do the same!

libby1
    Participant

Arnotts are very good for Bra’s .. i am a f cup and only pay about €25 – 30 for my bras.. Great support for the gym too

Yvonne

That’s a good price Libby, I wouldn’t have thought of Arnotts

libby1
    Participant

Yes i would normally go to Debenhams, but had a horrible experience there last time,,

The girl told me she had none to fit me , and i had gone up a size..

So i went over to Arnotts and asked for the size, the lady told me there was no way i was that size and remeasured me again, and i was actually down and gave me loads of different ones to try.

There were so nice, i have been back a couple of times since..

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have found some plain (white, black & cream ones) in Dunnes in larger sizes & I think they were €12 or €15, I bought one first just to see if they were any good & then went back & bought 2 more when I saw they were supportive etc….

pookie4
    Participant

I’m a weird size – at one stage I was a 28 E…. Try finding that in a shop! And I wasn’t pregnant or breastfeeding!

Try http://www.figleaves. Gives clear instructions on how to measure & have a no quibble returns policy & good selection

Jedt
    Keymaster

I bought some in Dunnes and one in Penney’s (they now have a larger bust size section) but to be honest, none in them are as good as M&S for me. They just give great support and a nice shape.

I am going to get a few more double packs in there soon – they always feel most comfortable and supportive for me. And they are not too expensive either.

mammycool
    Participant

Oh – buying a bra is a nightmare!! I used to be a 34B from the time I started wearing a bra until I had kids. Now, I have these huge things and I don’t know what to be doing with them. I took me ages to get a bra that actually fitted properly. The amount of them that are not true to the size that they claim to be. Also, they tend to be very skimpy on the cups – leading to overflow!!

I would be a big fan of M&S too. The other good brands are just too expensive. I got some lovely bras in M&S at Christmas – they had 20% off – great bargain. I have not tried Shaws but they regularly send out texts when they have 50% off sales. So it might be worth signing up for the texts and then buying in the sale.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.