Bathroom Tiles driving me insane!

Home Forums Louth Chat Bathroom Tiles driving me insane!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Martina
    Participant

I’m having a problem with my bathroom and dampness, its driving me absolutely nuts, which is sad really… not something I would have thought in my twenties anyway!

The Bathroom is at the gable end and the two outside walls are the tiled walls, I’ve had the insulation injected into the walls, there is a radiator thats on almost constantly, a fan in the wall for the shower.

I clean the bathroom regularly and used to scrub the living daylights out of the grouting once a month around the shower and bath with Cilit Bang but now its only lasting days and I hate it looking bad. Even though the floor and porcelain are clean the tiles just let it down and they are only up a couple of years. Anybody any idea’s?

Yvonne

We get mildew in our ensuite, which I cannot for the life of me understand why, as we have a fan and a window in it!!

I bought this stuff in Woodies, HG Mould Spray and the grouting comes up like new each time, its about €15 a bottle, but well worth it!

Taylor5

My sister had the same problem in her old house, she tried loads of thngs… she would have the window open while having showers etc… i know it broke her heart, but she moved to a different house so im sure the new owners have taken over the grief….

Martina
    Participant

Thanks Yvonne I’ll have a look for that….. unfortunately Taylor I’m not in a position to move away from the mould, but sometimes I feel like it!

Fabienne

Same here (mainly the grouting)
    last WE dh used some product from homebase, then scrapped the grout, reapplied white silicon for shower.
    Now a friend told me about Mr shine shower, you apply it after the shower don’t rince. It’s meant to be good.
    You have to do it on a clean shower first, then it says no more scrubbing needed.

I’ll let you know how it works for us.

Fabienne

Taylor5

Thanks Yvonne I’ll have a look for that….. unfortunately Taylor I’m not in a position to move away from the mould, but sometimes I feel like it!

Sorry she didnt move because of the mould 😆 😆 😆

Hi All

I have recently needed to solve a similiar problem

My wise mother put me onto a product called "Sugar Soap" which was available in my local hardware for €3.20. It is also great for cleaning down grease or grime. You must wear gloves with this as it contains costic soda and can burn your skin.

It was recommened that I put it in hot water, let disolve and then get soft pot scrub (NOT WIRE) AND scrub tiles with it. IT WORKED.

My tiles and kitchen presses are now fabulous once again,

Regards
    Susan

Martina
    Participant

I got my order from Lakeland this morning in the post with this fabulous new Grouting Brush, it looks good, we’ll see.

The after shower sprays I can’t do, I get a touch of ezcema every so often and the only way to do the shower properly with those is before you get out of it (or is that just me?) and then its on my skin and then I need to shower again.

Does the Sugar Soap last long? I mean the clean look.

Taylor I was only joking didn’t think the tiles made her move… mind you I did consider it when I read that, lol… be nice to leave it all behind and walk into a brand new shiny house that needed nothing doing to it. Never had a new house, its a secret wish of mine….. maybe someday, if I start doing the Lotto!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.