Are you ready for Back to school???!!

Home Forums National Chat Are you ready for Back to school???!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes and very broke too :D

Jedt
    Keymaster

We got most of what we needed by now. Got everthing local, thank goodness.

Could not face going to the ‘recommended’ suppliers the school said we should go toin Dublin, so bought our crested cardigans and jumpers in the Children shop in Drogheda and saved a fortune (9 euro cheaper for a jumper and 8 for a cardigan!!!)

Got shoes in Lidl, bags in Heatons, coats in Mothercare and uniform bits in M&S, Penney’s and Dunnes. Got books on offer in Eason.

Saved a good few quid but still bankrupt 😳 Its a bloody nightmare how much it costs.

Oh well, its nearly done now. Are ye all set??

Before we know it, they’ll be settled in school and we’ll be talking about ‘C’…..

munchin
    Participant

yep all set
    Just need to put labels on dd1’s books this evening and all done.
    DD1 is actually looking forward to being back on Thursday – although she’s had a great summer she misses her school friends (and she did see some of them over the hols). DD2 is doing a 2nd year in Montessori and again she seems to be happy to be going back – they both love routine. I took them in from playing handy last night and they were both in bed before 8 and up before I left the house this am 😉

Jedt
    Keymaster

We tried to get the kids to bed early last night too and it was not plain sailing so we’ll do that for next few nights to re-establish a routine.

Bit sad but also, quite looking forward to it!

Routine is a good thing in our house.

Jedt
    Keymaster

We tried to get the kids to bed early last night too and it was not plain sailing so we’ll do that for next few nights to re-establish a routine.

Bit sad but also, quite looking forward to it!

Routine is a good thing in our house.

Yvonne

Just need to get some lunch boxes and I’m done!

Mine are back on Monday, so still have a few days. Have started the earlier bedtime too – DS is not as keen, will go to bed but will not sleep quickly!

munchin
    Participant

Yvonne E1 has been like that since we took her soother at 3yr old!!!! she’ll go to bed no bother when she’s told but could be still awake up to 2 hours later…….. Thankfully dd2 goes up and is usually asleep within 20mins phew

Books all labelled and E1 put her bag down by the door (she’s not back till Thursday) 😆 😆 so that’s it we’re ready
    Think dh has a chilled day planned for today and they’ll come down here tomorrow to visit nana for her bday and then it’s back to "normal" whatever that is!!!!!! 😉

chewieodie
    Participant

We are about as ready as we are ever going to be…..

With us, I don’t have the hassle of the bedtimes…. because throughout the summer mine have been up at the same time and going to bed at the same time… (even when the rest of the neighbourhood was playing on the streets) as they were in Summer school…. so thankfully I don’t need to re-establish that… 😉 Besides even now, I find that if they go to bed too late they are both grumpy later on in the day… mine like to sleep!

Otherwise, just some odds and ends to finalise, and then we are good to go!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.