Any suggestions to get Labour started?

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents Any suggestions to get Labour started?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

Good luck with the baby, hope it all goes well… my mam also says "when the apple is ripe it will fall from the tree"

Both of my labours very different but ended up with the same result….. a section!!! (and a baby 😆 😆 😆 )
    Induced at +3 on ds1 with high blood pressure, midwife broke waters, i couldnt feel contractions AT ALL!!! Ended up getting to 7cm and no further, both mammy and baby falling asleep so safer to do the section.

Baby 2 went into labour at 33 weeks, was diagnoised with a condition of extra fluild around the baby, was in and out of labour for 10 days…. fluids reduced and so did the contractions. Waters broke at home at 38 weeks, 36 hours later only 5 cm and getting the wrong sort of contractions, yes there is such a thing… too close and too strong not enought to dialate me… so due to infection risk of waters gone 36 hours i was put on Antibiotics and ds2 delivered by section, which was a god send as the cord was wrapped twice around his little neck…. I was sorry i didnt just elect for a section the second time

Jedt
    Keymaster

Well Mary….any movements??? Thinking of you – imagine girls, she could be in the throes of labour right now. Its so exciting!!

MaryE

Not in throws of anything yet. haha

Just back from a walk with my boys.

A bit crampy today but nothing more.

Jedt
    Keymaster

sounds like you need to walk a lot faster! Just kidding!! 😆 😆

Good luck…sending you best wishes for a quick & easy birth. x

Taylor5

Oh cramps are good…. a good hot curry, some hot sex and a nice warm bath

duckiedoo

The walking is good, walked the feet of myself when i got feed up waiting and had a really bumpy road trip with my hubby 2weeks before first baby was due…..so bumpy…..donegal potholes!!! He was born the next mornng.

Maria30

My ds2 arrived 18 days early, the night before he arrived we went to KFC to get something to eat and then dh brought us for a spin around all the bumpy back roads so not sure if it was KFC or bumpy roads 😆 😆 But it worked anyway.

Good luck MaryE and hope baby arrives soon

Taylor5

now that you say it, we went to Maynooth from drogheda via the back roads on the Sunday, i was wiggled and giggled about all over the place

MaryE

Hi all, Sorry only replying now.

Just to let you know that i had a beautiful baby girl on Friday the 6th of August at 6.53 & she weighed 6lbs 6ozs. Had a Vbac, so delighted i didnt need a c-section, like last time. Really thought i was having a boy so still a bit shocked but thrilled too.

Dont want to speak too soon as she is only a week old but we are blessed, she is as good as gold, just sleeps & eats at the moment, no trouble at all. She is so tiny, like a perfect little doll. We are besotted.

Thankfully ds seems to be coping fairly well with her arrival too.

Thanks for all the ideas on how to get labour started, some gave me a right giggle. Tried most things, so not exactly sure which worked if any!! Maybe she was just ready to be born.

Hope you are all having a nice weekend.

take care, MaryE

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi Mary,

That’s fantastic!! Well done you for having a VBAC, thats brilliant and your recovery time will be so much better.

Its really great news…I was wondering about you and all the hot curries and long walks 😀 😀

Enjoy your new little girl and if you feel up for some company, come along to our next get together in Bagel bar Laurence Town Centre, Drogheda on Tuesday morning September 7th, we love to gush over new babies!!

Maria30

Congrats on your new arrival

munchin
    Participant

ah congrats Marye was only wondering the other day was there any news
    Enjoy your baby girl

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.