WHATS THE NICEST PLACE TO LIVE IN DROGHEDA

Home Forums Louth Chat WHATS THE NICEST PLACE TO LIVE IN DROGHEDA

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    ed1
    Participant

I live in Cedarfield on the Southside and while it has its good and bad points it is a grand place to live. I am originally from Brookville on the Northside of town. I have to say i dont think there is much difference in either side.

viv

have a look at the grange in donore houses dont come on the market very often but when theydo they sell quick one was sold last week it was only on the market for two weeks i know because my friend from dublin try to buy it

viv

have a look at the grange in donore houses dont come on the market very often but when they do they sell quick one was sold last week it was only on the market for two weeks i know because my friend from dublin try to buy it

ArtyMum

Byrnstown Manor is lovely
    Mornington
    Wheaton Hall

Starbright

Some nice bungalows in Blackbush Ave on the south side. I saw them the other day when parking was limited. It looks a nice area. Any good info on it????

MaryE

Well, i live in Five Oaks & really like it here. The houses are pretty with different styles which i like – Bungalows & different style two stores. Nothing worse then every house in the estate looking the same. My road is quiet but has a lovely atmosphere.The estate is kept well, with loads of greenery. My neighbours are plesent & friendly without being over bearing. I don’t try to be best buddies with them because when i am at home i like my own space & peace. I however talk to them all whenever i seethem. I mind their houses when they are on holidays, if asked & give swap Christmas cards. I have never had any trouble with anyone, including kids but then i think that i am easy going & don’t get as upset about silly little things as others seem to do. Balls going into my garden or the odd party does not bother me.I am also on the residents association & we arrange a newsletter,yearly sports day & Santa for the kids which i think is a lovely idea. I am happy here. I walk around the Dublin road a bit & i also love stameen, it is a muture estate, very quiet & has such a peaceful atmosphere. I am not really into red brick, every house the same, sprawling estates, no matter how big the houses are but that is just me. I think it is each to their own

rossylisa

here is a house going for a euro http://myhome.ie/residential/search/bro … OFMY349728

builders would want to stop bulding they will be giving them away next 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

ellokittee

We have lived in Stameen for the past two years and we absolutely LOVE it. So quiet and peaceful with all the trees and greens around, and the estate is very mature, so quiet friendly neighbors. We lived in Bryanstown Manor for two years previous and HATED it, rude, loud neighbors, and it wasn’t looked after at all. We have to move when ou lease is up in September, I really want to stay in Stameen, but I would also like to get into Beubec across the road, we walk around there every day and it seems very nice.

Taylor5

Rossy thats great value think I’ll buy 2 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

kasia

😆 😆 😆 i want a house for a 1€ too

songbird

Keep the opinions coming. It s so hard to know where to go. House prices are still quite high though.

Taylor5

Songbird drive around Drogheda North and South and see what takes your fancy. Take inot account how you’ll travel to work ect, when we lived on the northside it took at least 20 to 30 mins (with traffic) to get to the train station, when we moved to the Southside/Dublin road area my dh could walk to the station in 10 mins
    The first houses we seen on our house hunt in Drogheda were Five Oaks, we couldnt afford them at the time so we moved to the Northside but we were never really happy, after 2 years we started looking for a new house, we didnt know Five Oaks were still on sale until a neighbour who was moving too asked my advice on where to buy in Drogheda. Both of us sold up and moved to Five Oaks.
    So drive about and see what pulls your heart strings

Anonymous
    Inactive

My favorites are Beau Bec (sp?) near Black Bull and Five Oaks but don’t all be rushing there and pushing the prices up 😆 😆 . We also looked seriously at Rosevale and I like the look of Black Bush but TBH I have don’t know Black Bush terribly well, just going by driving past and pictures on Estate Agent websites. Oh, and Wheaton Hall too

I do have a preference to the South Side (could you tell!!) but mostly ’cause we’ve always lived around here so it’s what I know and that’s where we focused our house hunt. We ruled out the ones near the Boyne Bridge as too far from the train station but as estates they are also nice. River view is the one, can’t remember the other probably worth a look as they have such a nice feel and loads of families in all of them.

Good luck.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.