Weekly shopping budget

Home Forums Louth Chat Weekly shopping budget

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    kasia

hi,
    so i see that i am not the only sahm one who tries to stick to some sort of shopping budget:) we usually spent between 140 – 180 on a weekly shopping for 2 adults and 2 small children. now and then i look what i have in the presses and try to finish it off before buying more stuff. so sometimes my bill is just 70 or 80€. not too bad 😆 if only could happen a bit often.
    we shop in dunnes. i would buy local apples from the market and sometimes some fancy bread or cake.

Moonflower

Oh thank god we are all the same, i get so depressed each week when my shopping bill comes to around 160 – 180 a week. I have 2 adults, 1 child and the 3 dogs (20 euro a week) so it seems my shopping bill is average, thank god……

I used to go every other week, but found couldnt fit everything in trolley with Ds in child seat and that was even more stressful getting back to car with bags falling everywhere……..

I dont like Lidl/Aldi food, even my dogs wont eat it but I do buy some of their cleaning stuff, so when I go every couple of months to stock up i tend to buy my shop there and it is true can get a full weeks shop for under 100 euro……..

Anonymous
    Inactive

My Tesco saga was very dull but annoying! They didn’t arrive with our order the morning we arrived back from a 3 week holiday (on ds’s birthday, after 22 hours of travel). They pitched up hours late with only half the order. No apology. Nothing. When I tried to complain I was given the run around and eventually brushed off with a "you won’t get your money back" email. I was furious and got back to them saying that I was not after a refund, I just wanted to bring it to their attention. Of course I never heard another thing from them. 👿 Their whole attitude still makes me livid.

Mmmmm, I feel better after that rant. 😀

libby

I did my firstshop of the New Year today in Dunnes , it cost me €93:00. No Meat or Vegetable

I mostly brought things for Kids Lunchs and breakfast cereals,, and frozen things.. Igot a lot of the Buy 3 pay for 2. I hope these will last the month,

I overstocked on Meat before Christmas, should just need Fruit & Vegetable.

We made scones, so didn’t buy bread

I am probaly kidding myself, but i am trying to Be good

pinkbabe

Did mine Thurs in Euro Spar cost me 28 euro bought nothing but the bare essentials, washing powder, bin liners, wash up liquid, milk & bread because everything I picked up was a good bit dearer than tesco so back to tesco with me over the weekend 🙁

Moonflower

I was tempted to use Tesco online but wonder what the quality is like, what dates are like etc….doesnt sound too good from feedback on here…

The weekly shopping is a bane of my life, DH gets annoyed at me coz i am so obsessesed with how much we spend……I get angry coz i know food can be so much cheaper elsewhere but we dont have a choice…….if there were more supermarket chains around the food would come down because competition would be more, Dunnes seem to have monopoly……

pinkbabe

don’t think it matters how many shops are around pricewise for food shopping because Dunnes prices are ment to be the same in every shop whether there is another supermarket next door or 100 miles away

Taylor5

Do you know what melts my head? Each week I buy almost the same items but there could be over 50euro difference in the price 😯 😕 😕 😕 😕
    Oh and girls always check you bill afterwards, I always find I’ve been over charged or something rang in twice

pinkbabe

I have that all the time in my local tesco, they always beep things in twice & this morning I tried to put a dvd on for R that I bought in Tesco (in with my weekly shop) in the run up to Christmas & guess what ??? The overworked/thick cow (whichever) never took the security seal off the dvd. It never beeped on the way out but I can’t get the dvd out of the case. Haven’t a clue where the reciept is either (prob binned it). 👿

Taylor5

Im in the habit of keeping my reciept in the drawer until the week is out, then I bin it.
    I had a rude one in customer service in dunnes question me then I went I told her I was over charged. I was charged for a box of nappies twice 23.99!!!! She had the cheekto asked me if I got two boxes 👿 👿 👿 I was fuming. I ate the head off her and told her to go asked the checkout girl if I had two boxes or check her cctv, she then told me, Oh the girls wouldnt make a mistake like that. So I told her I wanted a refund on the entire shopping and I was never so insulted in my life, the manager was called over and he was so nice…. he gave me a 25 euro voucher to make up for it 😳 😳 😳

pinkbabe

I am morto @ the thoughts of bringing the dvd back to tesco to get the security tag taken off but I know a few of the girls @ customer service & I will be crossing my fingers & hoping it is 1 of them that is on.

Taylor5

Morto, I would be asking to speak to the manager and eat the head off him for having to drag your ass back down there.

I had words with the manager in burgerking grafton street. They have no disabled toilets or baby changing area, he just shrugged me off. I told him I was reporting them to the equality board, as I thought it was law to have disabled facilities

pinkbabe

I think I went to school with the manager 😳

Yvonne

I have noticed that I have overcharged for something, or charged twice, or the offer they have on hasn’t gone through the till… but most of the time I don’t go back with it – I should really… but with the attitude you get for looking for 1.79 or something back, it isn’t always worth it.

Taylor5

I was like that yvonne but after it happening sooo many time I go back, the girl did give me a funny look looking for a refund of 2 euro or so, I asked her if I was 2 euro short to pay for my shopping would that be ok? She said "No" so like a snotty cow I said well then why do you think Im a time waster looking for my 2 euro I was overcharged back ❗

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.